Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

Fiancee and I got back from seeing captain america civil war and it was a fun movie and we liked it a lot

I hope everybody else had a good day and a good night as well :)

Oh yeah? I was thinking of taking the family to see that this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Wanderer posted:

Anyone else have any experience with a Turbo Duo?

I dug my old one out of the closet a few days ago and dusted it off. It turns on, but all I get is a weird baby-blue color on the TV screen with no other reaction.

Ask in the retro games thread. Lots of knowledgeable goons w/r/t old console internals. I'd link but I'm phone postin.

Real hurthling! posted:

the only way to safeguard your kids is to be a furry yourself so they rebel against you

It's the only way.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

This would be sick as hell

Like doing that ridiculous winding back circular rail punch thing

Virtual Reality Art-Deco Robot Smackdown

gently caress, this would be extremely my poo poo. There needs to be more games with pile bunker powered punches.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

idk how VR stuff works but main issue I can imagine is that there isn't any actual thing you're holding on to when you do that stuff so there wouldn't be any physical feedback from doing something like this

This is good but where's the money shot?

Guy Mann posted:

Last time I went to a karaoke place they had Springtime for Hitler and when I did it a group walked out halfway through.

Lol, holy poo poo :eyepop:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

Happy Mother's Day, Amerigoons. Say something nice about your mother to your mother. She probably worked hard to buy you a piece of plastic that she didn't fully understand because it made you happy as a kid. My mom gaming story: she had an original GameBoy with Tetris in it in her bathroom until 2011. She also brought home the unofficial FFVII strategy guide one day because she knew I had just gotten the game and was very excited about it.

Of course, she also scared me so bad I pissed myself because I had been playing Starcraft online even though I had been grounded from the computer and she came home in a fury 'cause she couldn't call home since I was tiring up the phone line. Ah, memories.

My mom supported my gaming habits until I was old enough manchild to pay for my own. Also I believe it is a universal law that all moms have to have played Tetris and be good at it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Stux is very good at cod fo reals

Traded his posting prowess for mad CoD skills.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Read that as taintless first. Much like this forum nowadays....

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Using a lag switch there, stux?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Stux posted:

no im in the uk playing with US ppl so even with my sick nasty fibre connection i get a 100ms ping. still own all the noobs with extremem prejudice regardless of their latency advantage. on home turf im a god damnd monster.

Stream your play. I want to see this in person. Not that I don't believe you. I like watching game streams is all :)

CrashCat posted:

Can we get a source that isn't some rear end in a top hat's tweet
"Straight from the rear end in a top hat's tweet" should be a new saying.

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 10, 2016

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

eye on a winner, got a hot hand, got a hot hand

check me out yall

place ya bets now ladies and gentlemen

Thank you for this :)

For reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSZIej-ZraE

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Who's still excited for Doom?

I still am!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

CJacobs posted:

doom update: I am now playing Doom 2 and it's good also. I own Doom 3 because I got it for like 4 bucks during a sale several years ago but I heard it was bad so I never played it. Should I play it?

Play it

Mr E posted:

I don't think it was ever bad but the jump scares probably got worse and instead you should play Doom/2 maps and mods forever like I do.

Then do this.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Tuesday line is good and this is also good.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

drat, if this ends up being good I may have to finally get a PS4.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

VoidBurger posted:

Wehhhh I missed Silent Hill/circumcision conspiracy chat! I'm so loving lovely at keeping up with chat threads. :(

I'd consider it a blessing in disguise.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

HMS Boromir posted:

VoidBurger was basically the intrepid reporter that brought the world the Silent Hill Circumcision scoop so she wasn't exactly spared any horrors.

Oh I remember that. The blessing in disguise I'm referring to is missing parts of the chat threads :v:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

I don't like a lot of stuff on my hot dogs, unless I'm visiting Chicago.

These things are tasty af.

I've never had a "Chicago" style dog but I'm willing to try :)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Stux posted:

This place is not a place of honor.

No highly esteemed deed is commemorated here.

Nothing valued is here.

This place is a message and part of a system of messages.

Pay attention to it!

Sending this message was important to us.

We considered ourselves to be a powerful culture.

Posted where the UK used to be.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Ilustforponydeath posted:

CSI: Hard evidence

I don't think enough people realize that playing MGS4 after the initial stage is like watching mr. Hideo Games masturbate and cum all over himself repeatedly.
People said that he "needed an editor" after the game came out, truth be told he needed a loving bullet.

Source your quotes.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Chex Quest is really good. I heard the devs even made a chex quest 2 and 3 for all of the fans of chex quest 1, tho idk how true that is.

Well allow me to blow your mind:

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Chex_Quest

There's a working link to Chex Quest 3 which includes remade Chex Quest 1 and 2 :)

CrashCat posted:

Apparently I've lost whatever ability to read English I had remaining

Oh good, it's not just me. I thought I was having a drat stroke.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

CJacobs posted:

In case you really can't decipher it, they had some of the UFC fighters play Doom on an episode of The Ultimate Fighter a while back as a promo thing. But you can't really say that in 160 characters and so # @ # # @ it is.

edit: someone who's a fan of OG doom/doom 2 throw some .wads you like at me, I have finished up with the original games and am ready to take GZDoom to its logical extreme.

Play Going Down. https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/gd

Also come by the Early FPS thread and ask. You'll get plenty more suggestions.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

I'm going to quote myself from the DO4M thread so we can maybe save this thread from itself.

Wamdoodle posted:

Play Doom however you want to honestly. Just play Doom :hellyeah::devil::tfrxmas:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

Said it once but bears repeating:

The official Sonic The Hedgehog twitter account is a national treasure:

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/731141987210919936

Someone is having a lot of fun with that account.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Please don't play an fps game with a controller even if you're good at using a controller :(

I use GZDoom so I can play old school Doom with a controller, hail Satan :devil: and furthermore

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm going to do whatever the gently caress I like bitch

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

hello friends, how is everyone doing today?

Doing great. How are you? I'm playing Doom currently. It's good :)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

In Training posted:

I just beat Doom E1 25 years late and goddamn its really really good. I alreayd wanna replay it and try to beat my time. I recorded a video of myself playing E1M1 for the first time a few months ago and then watching videos of the new one made me wanna revisit it. I felt like a dumbass when i realized theres a sprint button and you could go even faster. I dont think any games feels as completely loving sick as the original doom does.

I know homie. I fuckin :love: DooM!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

Are...

are those the remains of the Icon of Sin? :stare:

No that is a Titan. It's mentions in one of the collectable PDA's. But the Icon of Sin is in the game. You can get a secret from it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

I started playing that Shadow Warrior from a couple years ago last night. That game rules. I found a couple of bunnies banging in the forest and discovered if you kill one of them the other one turns into a demon bunny and starts warping all over the place trying to eat your face while screamo metal plays in the background

Those were in the original too. You'd sometimes find two rabbits just hopping around and when they'd get close, they'd start banging away. When they were done and after a few seconds another smaller rabbit would pop out of the female rabbit. If you killed one nothing happened but in one level you'd find a rabbit with a sign near it that said something like danger, killer rabbit. If you got near it it would fly at you and do serious damage. I'm not sure if you could kill it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

littleorv posted:

Is this thread....

bad?

It is a thread on the SA Games forum. I'll give you one guess.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Uhhhhhhh, more like Sux. :iceburn:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Stux posted:

None of you are free from sin. Do Not think I will forget what happened here this day... Cowards...

Yeah no kidding. I'm full of sin.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Stux posted:

The quality of hardware is objective... There fore all bad hardware must be removed to allow the good hardware to become universal,

Hmmmm, this sounds familiar......

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

Pubbies are loving retards, and this is why I have a Goons-only policy for the CoD group thingy:

Lol. Should have told him to make a "I'm new here" thread in FYAD.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

I'm too nice. :canada: :shobon:

You're one of the good ones, Macys.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I feel burned by Quake 4. Speaking of, were Quake and Quake II actual sequels to each other or are they not related at all? Both games are so different in tone and setting but it felt like they were at least very loosely related.

I believe Quake 2 was originally supposed to be a different game but they didn't want to come up with a new IP or anything. I remember reading that somewhere but I could be talking out of my :butt:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Snak posted:

Cool. That actually sounds perfect. A younger me would never have hoped for a game to be short, but more and more I feel like I want a game I can finish in a few 2-3 hour sittings. I might try to rent it then. I feel like If I set the time asside, and I could play 10 hours of a game in 3 days and that would be pretty cost efficient.

If the game grabs you like it seems to be grabbing all who have played it, then you definitely will be able to finish it during a redbox rental. It's good!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

twitter was a mistake

Ouch. Sounds like a debilitating affliction. Also, I see money has not changed Notch at all.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I imagine it is just because people want to believe that if they like a thing, that the creator of said thing is a good person, and they don't want to feel conflict by finding out that the good thing they like is actually made by someone who is not good

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I think maybe when this kind of thing happens it's also difficult for some people because then they go back and retroactively wonder if there's something wrong with them for liking the person's work, or if the creepy/uncomfortable/annoying thing about their personality influenced everything they made. A lot of times people shut down rather than confront things like that.

A combination of these two. I try to separate the art from the artist.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Is Doom single player actually good after all? Saw an ad for it right before an ad for the new movie adaptation of The B.F.G.

Hell yeah it is :) It's fast and punchy with a suitably ridiculous story to go with it. I bought it at a discount from GreenManGaming but it plays very well on the consoles too. Mouse and keyboard are not required. The multiplayer isn't the best but I had fun with it just enough to get the two achievements tied to it but I have a feeling that it will be dead soon. SnapMap looks somewhat robust but also limiting. I'm sure there is some great stuff that could be made if the community is willing to work within those limits.

VoidBurger posted:

Not only did he apologize/regret making rape jokes and saying nasty poo poo in his old videos (saying something like "I should delete or censor these, ugh..."), but he also made a stand about "Fans That I Don't Want", ie: people that mock his Make-a-Wish kids for being odd-looking. That's being drat decent, imo.

I remember reading that it and I felt very :3:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

I never got to play Lost Vikings after the first one but I get a a kick outta that "Norse by Norsewest" title. I'm easy to please :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Mr E posted:

My roommate who said he absolutely wouldn't buy Overwatch because they gave more beta keys to streamers rather than "normal" people bought the game yesterday. Life is great.

boycottmodernwarfare2.jpg

Snak posted:

That's awesome.

And I forgot that they called already this morning to say there's another showing this afternoon. So five showings today. gently caress my life.

Keep everything nice and tidy for the first few showings then slowly start letting everything get more ragged then on the last one just go full on goon cave and act totally surprised when they walk in on you in your Cheeto stained underwear clutching your dakimakura pillow.

• Locked thread