Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Squidster posted:

An incredible moron on my FB wall:

Help me out goons - I'm sure with Trump's infinite poo poo-spewing spiral that he's probably tweeted about banning/censoring all the precious vidja games. A quick google just finds Brietbart complaining about libs bullying Trump via parody games, and I don't have y'alls deep understanding of Trump history. Is there good exploitable vidja game drama in Trump's past?

the fight to censor video game content died when it became one of the top forms of media consumed globally. It's bankrolled using Hollywood funds like a motherfucker. The Military here uses it as a wing of their recruitment media. Your friend is worried about nothing in a world filled with poo poo to actually worry about.

Here, put it simply to him, like this: The planet's dyin', Cloud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Endorph posted:

the klk dickgirl art was pretty long, if you catch my drift

i dont get people who are still mad about the fight to censor video games because, like, it wound up at a pretty agreeable place. the ESRB isn't perfect but it's a sight better than the movie ratings board, and there definitely needs to be some sort of rating system in place.

I guess you could make the argument that some games in the late 90s/early 2000s got 'censored' in localization or had content removed out of worry about ratings, but that era is pretty much over.

And the entirety of the ESRB is rendered moot if you have someone over the age of 18 buying the game, regardless of the age of the gamer themselves. I've sold more copies of GTA V to underage kids than adults thanks to the 'older sibling'/'grandma' loophole.

Like, video games have never been more violent and easier to acquire. It's a complete non-issue just with piracy, alone.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

a.lo posted:

Wow, somebody should be arrested.

Hey, by law I am required to tell customers everything in the game - and I do. Everytime.

They don't care, at least most don't. There are a few parents who get absolutely lied to by their children and can't be hosed to google the game they're buying - I am always happy to shatter the delusion, unless it leads into an assbeating for the child, which can happen. :/

I've talked about this on the site before how the biggest issue in GTA V with typical suburb parents is you play as Franklin and Lamar for the first three hours of the game and have had the game returned by that alone. No problems with the alcoholic deadbeat and meth dealing cannibal on the cover, though. And the kids don't loving care because the Story of barely repressed love between Trevor and Michael has no effect because they're 12. Parents and most adults know different.

That game in particular is a huge pain in the rear end - ever a parent blame you for their kid stealing their CC to buy $500 of in-game White Shark Cards?

Other protests and returns I've had is with sexual charged games like DoA or Bayonetta or Segan Kagera. Stuff like absolutely amazing games like 999 being returned because of female designs.

I did have one mom who returned Black Ops lll and bought Halo: MCC because Halo has aliens for her child to kill and not fellow humans.

People are weird, man. I'd quit if I had any hope of better! :smith:

Armani fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 1, 2016

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Forgall posted:

You are really overestimating intelligence of gamers and their connection to reality.

Hahahahahahaha

Vagina bones is a super good/horrible one. Can I have a name change tia

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

vyelkin posted:

Yeah, they're dropping any pretense of being a serious organization.

I wanted to let you know that this was excellent :golfclap:

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Minimalist Program posted:

Here's my new prediciton after being 100% spot on about there being hot mic audio of sexual assault jokes: there's going to be a leak of donald trump calling somebody a friend of the family, and a leak of donald trump joking about murdering people or having people murdered. It's going to be on tape and it's going to happen.

The murder one already happened.

This dude should've been buried alive in the 90's and never seen again. People wanna take about avoiding blame and consequence I could give less of a gently caress about Hilary at this point

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Minimalist Program posted:

Again: dear NSA/Secret Service/FBI - I'm just a scandinavian making guesses about what's going to happen based on the fact that Donald Trump is an insane narcissist who's had a camera and microphone pointed at him for entertainment TV for more than 10 years. Please don't add me to a list.

Literally too late for that. This site has been heavily monitored for years and is going to be archived in an American library. This isn't hyperbole: you don't get >5 secret service visits, 3 murders, countless suicides, and 1 Interpol arrest on a mostly public Internet forum without eyes on you from now on.

Good job on the prediction, though. Is Scandinavia cool and do you want any Californian refugees

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Spaced God posted:

The Bill Clinton scandal was almost 20 years ago and yet they bring it up.

Yeah, I actually hope people are riding that 'it was a decade ago!' nonsense because that goes triple for loving Clinton, then.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

axeil posted:

Wait who was the Interpol arrest? I also thought there was only the 1 murder...the weird pumpkin guy in TFR.

Honestly I thought that our connection to Bengahzi and Caro's antics in Libya/Syria would be more notable than any of those.

there's 1200 posts to go through on my side but in case this wasn't explained in the deluge: a goon posted about dousing the Olympic Torch going through his village sometime later that week and literally had those dudes at his door about 12 hours later to hold him for questioning about his post. He posted about it here, but the name escapes me, had a Monty Python avatar.

For murders: there was the pumpkins guy, a guy who killed his girlfriend after posting weird pictures of her and her friend here, and a goon who killed his neighbor but he left us for 4chan before his arrest. I actually think there is one more I am forgetting.

Back to your regular thread reading!

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Brony Car posted:

My 4 year old niece has been watching the debates and asking her parents to send me pictures:

Tim Kaine

I don't know why she didn't draw Pence.

This is a million posts ago but these drawings own. That's actually loving great for four years old and could really go somewhere far with it. :)

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Jim Davis may be a hardcore sellout, but the things he's created by selling out range from harmlessly bland to actually kind of great ("Garfield: his nine lives", the original animated series). He's a better and more honest business man than Trump, that's for sure.

I will always love Jim Davis for this. The dude is actually a loving great artist: http://books.google.com/books/about/Garfield_Presents_Babes_and_Bullets.html?id=LFftrXfV4tYC

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

I want all the trump goons in here. I want their explanations and rationale for sticking with this tire fire while telling me how great white culture is.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

gfsincere posted:

I like it when I get to introduce people to Dance Floor Dale.

Also, Dance Floor Dale is super NWS if you happen to find the full uncensored version.

OK, you're already awesome but now you're like a top ten. I swear to God I thought I was the only one who has ever posted about that video. It's breathtaking. (For those who want just the song, it's Parisian Goldfish by Flying Lotus).

...I don't care if that was 40 pages ago. This election is giving me heart disease and I want every opportunity to talk about Flylo and Tim&Eric before I die.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

E: gently caress, beaten. Moving along!

That said, I'll happily take 'Ein sexmonster' if FactsAreUseless is still offering, German language withstanding.

E2:

Volcott posted:

Also, my eyes kinda glazed over halfway through that autism post, was it essentially "there's literally nothing wrong with having autism (even if it means you can't live anything approaching a normal life)?"

Your Boy Fancy is easily one of the best posters here. It'd do you some good to read their posts.

Armani fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 14, 2016

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

:psyduck: what the hell am I looking at?

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Struggling to keep up with all this poo poo. Haven't touched any of the other threads I usually follow, just not enough time in the day.

Had to share this sweet new custom title though. Thanks Trump.

I am not worthy to even gaze upon its magnificence. Well done.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Lord Hydronium posted:

Agreed, but what do you think about his poll numbers?

Awesome, thank you, giggling at one-take jokes like this has genuinely helped me in this election.

E: wow, my tabs were left open a bit.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

Kill Six Million Minorities.

I doubt that webcomic will get off the ground.

How about Bash Eighty Eight Million Fash.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Nucleic Acids posted:

It'll certainly direct attention away from those three men who were arrested for wanting to bomb that apartment complex and were willing to go so far as to shoot one year olds.

I certainly hope not. Do we have a thread for it anywhere?

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

WeAreTheRomans posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/788403448593002496

2 things:

- she's just "Crooked" now, no first name, lol.

- HASHTAG DRAIN THE SWAMP

"When you're up to your rear end in Alligators - the only course is to Drain The Swamp"

My incredibly awful racist as gently caress stepdad had that on a plaque in our living room in the early 90's. God help me, I'm triggered.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

I did not know that spiders that can craft web balloons and fly are a thing and my life is significantly worsened for that knowledge

Thanks USPol :(

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

not emptyquoting

What the hell is going on

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Hilary's interns are running her twitter account during the debates and are retweeting Trump's tweets about Putin haha

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Mykkel posted:

Yeah, add me to the gang tag list.

Saaaame, goddamn.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

can someone repost that surreal avshalom post with Hillary as a sub-orbital angel about to crash into a Trump-Akira monster?

Avshalom is incredible

Avshalom posted:

it is the year 2018 and trump spreads like a cancerous reef from the southernmost point of chile to the coast of greenland, where his grasping extremities are kept at bay by brave warriors with shotguns. they never leave the shore unguarded lest a prawn-coloured hand crawl up from the melted glacial depths and dig its yellowing nails into their territory. trump's mouth has opened near hawa'ii, birthplace of the man whose flesh was the first to be digested and absorbed into trump's biomass. the seawater and chunks of the nearby island spiral into it. it bellows without pause. trump's dick lies slumped like an anaemic beached humpback on the sands of miami, where his troops herd parades of half-nude eye candy back and forth, back and forth, back and forth in front of its silent unfathomable eye. his rear end in a top hat is in the gulf of mexico. no birds will risk the sky over that water anymore.

Avshalom posted:

hillary floats in orbit, gathering her lethal shell of cosmic shrapnel around her through the sheer force of her rhetoric, steeling her will for the fateful moment where she and the meteors crash down on trump's empire and dust returns to dust. she is ready. her eyes have never been sharper, her hair has never been harder. she is the one. she is chosen

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Pro-Tip: you share the earth with black people. The Blacks are your neighbors down the street.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I somehow misread that as "Now Mr Trump turns into Inuyasha!"

You're not off the mark - pretty similar hairstyles.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Boot and Rally posted:

Gotta love that Channel suit. I wonder if she got it at the Ogdenville outlet.

Wow, I understood the -gently caress- out of this sentence

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Koalas March posted:

❓❔❓❔

I don't get it.

Your list was excellent <3 and as a former Mormon was super cool to read about your experiences. :unsmith: I used to coordinate all those events with my mom at my ward for like 12 years straight. I kinda miss doing it, honestly.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

NomChompsky posted:

This is actually nicer than his real handwriting, which is unintelligible scribbles that alternate between lowercase and uppercase letters totally at random.

Holy poo poo you are not wrong

http://handwritinguniversity.com/members/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/vanityfair.notes_.donaldtrump.jpg

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Squeegy posted:

/pol/ is Arzying hard

it's almost like humans have a shared global interest of shelters, sustenance, and safety.

When you're ready to stop being a tearful nazi, sweetie - you can join us for candles and cake. Take all the time you need. :smith:

Armani fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 25, 2016

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Instant Sunrise posted:

there hasn't been a new f-zero game since bush's first term

Globally, we are all losers with our lack of sick zero-g drifts. May we all come together in Mute City, friends.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

DEAR GOD HE HAS A FAMILY

E: oh wait, not anymore, thanks wiki

Armani fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 25, 2016

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Everyone read that Mother Jones article on militia groups. You share a ton of landmass with these dudes and they have been utterly hosed by life and are threatening unrelated non-white child lives because concrete and steel got outsourced to brown countries by their white American bosses.

What a loving mess, what can be done? Universal Income isn't going to fix it - these people hate the very civil fabric that let's them play war in wal-mart parking lots and are super duper into not showing offense or weakness (while being loving offended and weakened by seemingly everything) to the point that they look and act like the made-up straw men they hate. Jesus help us.

Armani fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 25, 2016

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

boner confessor posted:

the us has always had these dudes. except instead of throwing emmett till in a river now they're sullenly stalking around the desert looking for immigrants to hunt

fair point and I think my heightened sense of oh gently caress is more or less social media, which is kind of a huge deal in getting ideas and recruitment across for, we'll, anything at this point. The entire article and militia gathering for it was made possible thanks to Facebook.

E: on top of that, it's super personal. I have family that could be indistinguishable from the code-named military dudes in there. I have a relative who fought in bush's wars, worked for subway, and had a sick child and no career prospects in the land he fought for. He could be that dude in the article, as far as I loving know.

Armani fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 25, 2016

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

dwarf74 posted:

From many pages back, but I just had time to read it.

And they're basically racist, paramilitary LARPers.

The bit where one of the members threatens to rape the journalist while laughing about it was reaaaaalllyyy something else.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

Once I had to use vacation days to visit my bf's family in Lakeside, Ohio, a.k.a. the whitest place on earth. There were these weird insects called Canadian soldiers everywhere, and it was incredibly gross. They apparently only live for a couple days, so you'd have live ones crawling all over everything while crunching on piles of dead ones everywhere you walked

Also I accidentally bought a bottle of "Diluted Vodka" from a store in Ohio. I didn't even know there was such a thing

I had to look up Canadian Soldiers and lmao oh my god

http://www.mayflynews.net/mayfly-photos/blowing-mayflies-off-deck

Linked for a literal hell carpet of winged things being blown back by a wizard with a wind weapon

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Goatman Sacks posted:

What if they're non-persons?

Dude.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

boner confessor posted:

he got infinite money, outbid beyonce and jay-z for a ridiculous mansion in los angeles, and he sits in there like a turbonerd all alone complaining about women on twitter

its kind of tragic because sudden, unmeasurable success definitely breaks people and notch is now living in a hell of his own creation lmao

That Creeper money
That reeeeal gently caress you cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Being a stay at home parent is easy. Watch some TV, check on the kids, make sure the latch to their cages are secure, take a nap, fill their bottles and attach it to the side of the cage, make sure their running wheel works, go for a jog yourself. Super simple stuff guys.

My sister has twins and is nodding sagely at your post.

• Locked thread