Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

No simplified tax forms? Sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

n4 posted:

Wtf are DIMMS?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIMM didn't know Dobbs was a gamer but it makes sense

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

I've heard of suicide by cop but suicide by vote is a whole 'nother thing.

Can we call the ToD of The Enlightenment yet? I mean...

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Pollyanna posted:

What the gently caress is happening here?

Jester is pointing out how Mensch is basically a conservative concern troll and some of her fellow travellers are defending her. He's right.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Facebook has a feature that lets you give yourself a /nickname URL so you don't have to remember+link people to /first.last.### or whatever so yeah the same account can have two URLs

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

He wasn't born in the states so he was never eligible outside of a constitutional amendment. Granted, that would have been a lot more doable then with a popular potential candidate, but still, that was the weirdest part of the show for me because, uh, well no fuckin' duh becaue you just made a big fuckin' deal about him being an immigrant so thanks for singing about a forgone conclusion???

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Boon posted:

This seems aggressive considering I love in Minneapolis

We didn't win by very much line last year :|

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

this was part of the plot of The Yiddish Policeman's Union

That's a great book.

I'm pretty sure I posted about it (the third temple/encouraging the end times thing) here back in 05-6 and got dogpiled about believing conspiracy nonsense lol

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

I just realized that Junior's defense went from "it was just some innocent lobbying - for orphans, even - it meant nothing" to "it was just the tip of collusion just that one time and that it meant nothing because it made me sure I didn't want to collude anymore"

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

TheScott2K posted:

Tucker Carlson hasn't been dunked on this hard since Crossfire

He's the perfect avatar of the republican party, if you think about it. A dweeby, insufferable white guy in a bowtie who's been failing upward for twenty years.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Boon posted:

Alas, my cover is blown, eh?

Head on over after class and get familiar with the menu https://goo.gl/maps/sKTNh4ZC9fk

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

glowing-fish posted:

Well, since I have you both here, can you explain what is going on with this building:

I work in this building, and I wonder if its architecture has a seismic purpose behind it, or if it is just some really odd aesthetics?

Pretty sure http://www.archdaily.com/42723/cruz-del-sur-building-izquierdo-lehmann explains it unless it's some weirdly elaborate fake news site

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The goal isn't to pass policy, it's to be the Most Right Wing Congressperson.

Classic tragedy of the commons / prisoner's dilemma.

So what you're saying is that the GOP is like a prison yard somehow full of old white men with shivs?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Anyone added to the official death toll has been dead for days - it's just counting corpses and guessing at time+manner of death which has to be within days of the storm and directly related to it like drowning or a building falling on you. Anything stress related like heart attacks doesn't count. Probably death by power failure doesn't either *looks meaningfully at hospitals* but I'm not an expert on the criteria.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Yeah we already know it's going to keep going up :/

Infrastructure is so broken that they don't have resources available to certify the dead so the number just kinda sits where it is until that can happen.

Well apparently some people are watching and worrying and I'm trying to point out that that's kinda pointless unless you're waiting for missing people to be found in which case my heart goes out to you and I hope you get good news.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

This stuff still exists?! (and they want money for it?!)

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Boon posted:

The next Democratic nominee better run a scorched earth campaign of cleansing every bit of Trump and his cronies from government, restoring the dignity and honor in civil service, and serving the citizenry as a servant leader.

Every single campaign event better open with the words, "Trump is the worst President this nation could imagine and it's time we fixed our collective mistake."

That's exactly what dolt 45 is doing but for Obama's legacy and it's exactly what third world shitholes wind up doing forever: whipsawing between reformists and the oligarch-owned until dictatorship. Welcome to the third world - you can pick up your club jacket at the Big Dawg online store, is what I'm saying.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

The Indiana legislature once tried to define Pi as 4 for convenience. I'm guessing this'll work about as well.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Hillary would've won!

Am I doing this right?:ohdear:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Your Boy Fancy posted:

the local Bollywood station. Also, Fairfax/Loudon has a Bollywood station on FM and it's surprisingly amazing to drive around with.

That's neat and I'm sure catchy as heck and I hope you send Gillespie packing.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

CPColin posted:

Bro, can I interest you in a voting system that doesn't suffer from the spoiler effect? Because if you're not interested in that and you make a statement like the above, then you can gently caress off, too.

It's a weak counterpoint but this is what RCV does to your ballot:

The push polls are goddamn :psyboom:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

captain jack sparrow

That's only the second silliest thing on there

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Nate RFB posted:

Back when the stupid newbie avatars changed for the first time, I made this greasemonkey script because I hate change:
code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        StupidNewbie
// @namespace   StupidNewbie
// @description Bring back the original Stupid Newbie avatar
// @include			*forums.somethingawful.com/*
// @version     1.0
// @grant       none
// @run-at document-end
// ==/UserScript==

document.querySelectorAll("img[src$='newbie.gif']")
    .forEach(i => i.src = "http://i.imgur.com/ndDKZnr.jpg");

:discourse:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It can't be understated that the uni didn't invite him, he sued them until they had to let him in, and then were legally bound to protect him.

If you want to blame someone blame the court.

I'm not at all mad at the court unless they're not allowed to bill him for most of the extra security.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Your Taint posted:

Still happily together.

We went to Spring Green, WI for the House on the Rock and some other things in that area, and kept seeing signs saying how far away Dubuque was. We were both saying things like "OH, WELL ONLY 80 MILES TO DUBUQUE!" and eventually it turned into "We should go." "Really?" "Yeah, why not?" "Ok, sure!" and we went. We saw some sort of Mississippi River museum and had lunch and then went back. It was pretty lame.

That's pretty accurate. I was there a bunch when my friend's wife was getting her masters and the only fun things we did other than drink with the other grad students and play video games were go to Galena IL and Potosi WI. A little brewery opened up in their old downtown, which I went to once and it was decent, but the fact that after a couple years it was still Galena and Potosi was... telling.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He was polling at like 10%

It's still the only time I've ever felt OK typing "glad to hear that Kid Rock thing"

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Trabisnikof posted:

I mean I don't exactly think these points would drive out the base:

Yeah those are mostly bad loving ideas jfc

Quadruple House membership IMO

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Hey now - we don't know which side his dad was on

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Well I know what Greenwald is going to be jerkin' it to for the foreseeable future

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Sexual Aluminum posted:

You know that new Wolfenstein game coming out, that has been using Anti-Nazi social media ads recently? Stuff like this:

https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/923275423617830918

I read a review for the game, and it looks like much of the game is not just that Nazi's are bad, but also the group of white folks who just shrug, say meh, and submit to Nazism are just as bad as the goose stepping fascists.

Check it out:

https://venturebeat.com/2017/10/26/wolfenstein-ii-review-dear-white-people/

I just got around to playing Post-Apocalyptic Hoarding Inventory Management Simulator 4 and now this sounds so tempting :\

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Aren't Q3 and 4 usually the 'up' quarters while 1 and 2 are generally lower-performing?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelEHayden/status/924300471396904961

Now this is a message that'll unite people

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

I hope his calling Bill Kristol fat is what did it because that'd be hilarious

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

nwo hatchet man posted:

I never claimed Islam is the only religion people commit violence for. But if you can't admit a vast majority of religious violence is done in its name, you are not arguing in good faith

Don't suppose you consider the United States to be a Christian nation?

If so, I have, uh, news for you

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

scuz posted:

Being able to vote for him is so very satisfying.

:respek:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The Revolution will be live-tweeted, brought to you by Leatherman.

Leatherman: The multi-tool you really want, but never seem to use.

I use my 2005 Micra all the drat time. Best twenty-ish bucks I ever spent.

Oh did you mean the big ones? lol

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

KickerOfMice posted:

Out of curiosity, I glanced at the frontpage of current state media.

You didn't edit that image or anything? That's a 'news organization' that supposedly wants to be taken seriously saying gently caress you to people with ad blockers?

Before anyone tells me to check I did and didn't get a banner so maybe I'm using different blocker rules :shrug:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

On that note, I'd like to welcome the thread to day 150 of Infrastructure Week

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

The stuff PJ is saying about Alt-Right freakouts over the Antifa uprising tomorrow is in line with stuff I've read/listened to about the psychology of cults, so you guys getting all frothy about it are weirding me out.

My Antifa uprising is going to be a game night. I expect we'll play that house on haunted hill game, given the season. How about you guys?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

Caros posted:

How about you play a game that isn't hot trash. Have you considered that?

Like the one I mentioned? Yeah, we're considering playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

I don't think she knows what an inseam is but yeah he's wearing special fat pants because he's fat and doesn't want to look fat because he's also insecure as all hell, duh.

• Locked thread