Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

If he gets Trump arrested, all is forgiven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
So does the assault on the journalist help Gianforte or hurt him in Montana?

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

QuoProQuid posted:

Probably, but a single-digit win in a district that Trump carried by 20 points is not a good omen.

I does matter if they win by an inch or a mile

http://68.media.tumblr.com/edd9c0db88329fb319c458d5890ea526/tumblr_mt3kdclzal1stakkxo1_500.gif

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

NoDamage posted:

Unfortunately based on the Montana statue it looks like aggravated assault requires the person to cause "serious bodily injury" which I guess this doesn't qualify as. At least people are pulling their endorsements. Hopefully it's not too late to absolutely destroy his chance of getting elected.

45-5-202. Aggravated assault. (1) A person commits the offense of aggravated assault if the person purposely or knowingly causes serious bodily injury to another or purposely or knowingly, with the use of physical force or contact, causes reasonable apprehension of serious bodily injury or death in another.
(2) A person convicted of aggravated assault shall be imprisoned in the state prison for a term not to exceed 20 years and may be fined not more than $50,000, except as provided in 46-18-219 and 46-18-222.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
It seems that Dems are underperforming by about 4 points on average from the last polls. Lets hope Ossof keeps that 5+ point lead.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
What the gently caress is wrong with Huffpo? "Body Slammer wins!" is there front page.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Good. gently caress that guy. First non embarrassing thing he's done on this trip.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

BootStrap posted:

I really think that he may be cognitively impaired. There was an article on CNBC.com comparing his speech patterns and vocabulary from interviews in the 1980's and 90's to his current speech patterns. The contrast was remarkable.

I remember second term Reagan. None of that poo poo stops them from getting deplorable poo poo accomplished.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Lote posted:

Anthony Weiner is still alive.

Who do you think was doing all the murdering for Clinton huh?

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Lightning Lord posted:

Can't gently caress the Zuck.

Can't Cuck the Zuck 2020

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Ramos posted:

Convey Our Values, gently caress Everyone From Europe

As a black man, I whole heartedly agree.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Publix deli

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Apoplexy posted:

Also, back on the subject of Trump, Trumpkins, and other assorted murderers: https://mobile.twitter.com/itsmikebivins/status/871099079710953472

What's scary is if the 3 men stabbed were black I'm sure this would actually get traction

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Big Business would be a good rapper name.

We have a Biz Markie and a Notorious B.I.G.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Boris Galerkin posted:

In a way companies are already kinda doing this. Boeing has been relocating a lot of their jobs from Washington and California over to the South and/or Texas because those places are giving them better tax cuts and also because those places hate unions.

The problem is you're going to need to do a whole lot better to convince people like engineers to leave their coastal cities like Seattle move to shitholes like Atlanta. You'd have to pay me like twice my hypothetical Seattle salary to get me to even consider wanting to move to Atlanta, and no I don't care that "cost of living in Atlanta is less than Seattle." If I'm earning say 80k in Seattle then I'd need an offer of 160k in Atlanta to move there because you're kind of asking me for a lot and engineers are still in a position where we get to choose and be picky.

That's what big firms already do.

gohmak fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jun 4, 2017

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

FizFashizzle posted:

Shitholes like Atlanta what the hell?

ahahaha and this guy is talking like there's a shortage of engineers in atlanta. Yes if only we had a school that produced them. Please save us west coast.

Funny thing is my father is a civil engineer for AECOM that worked Hartsfeild for the last 13 years and just lost the rebid part because senior engineers have too high of salaries. You know where the company sends him so his current salary was in line with the local market? San Fransico International.

Don't worry West coast. He's already a liberal.

gohmak fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 4, 2017

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
So did he break laws or norms this round?

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

oohhboy posted:

0.000 is a terrible batting average.

Shooting politicians is just going to increase as people get increasingly cornered both economically and mentally especially if there is such a direct link between them and your potential painful death/bankruptcy. It is a sign of the increasing failure of the social contract.

Putting the fear of god into Republicans is a good thing. This greatly shortens their actions to consequence path so it's no longer push button for a million dollars but random person dies.

Pretty much this.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

fknlo posted:

Ready for some real poo poo?

lol. Obvioiusly fake but funny nevertheless

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

TARDISman posted:

Shortly afterwards, he took to calling the horse Mother.

If the horse was a woman how would its outside get inside of the man?

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Don’t worry. When Mary Norwood wins Atlanta mayor and gentrifies the poo poo out of the rest of the city there goes Lewis’s seat.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

The USA is an ultra right wing country compared to every other democracy except perhaps Australia. "Liberals" in America are basically conservatives who can tolerate blacks and gays. Actual progressives are hard to find.

Well that’s just not true. Social Democratic policies poll very well. We just can’t find politicians to enact them in good faith.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

I don't understand the 4th panel

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Last time a checked the south wasn't fond of the union.

I live in the south and am in a union.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Al-Saqr posted:

Anti Muslim bigots protest islam by.... playing the call to prayer at fajr time...

https://twitter.com/goldingbf/status/893542192098291713

Thanks for keeping muslims on a proper prayer schedule I guess?!

Who is the reciter? His voice is beautiful

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Al-Saqr posted:

What i really don't get is why the Cuban Americans have such a vicious outlook on Cuba as a country, like, surely they must realize that liberalizing relations would open the door to them pouring money and investing in the country and opening a big fat door to them becoming really wealthy and influential instead of forcing Cuban people to suffer in this embargo just out of pure spite, like gently caress you guys lost and Castro lived a long life and died a hero respected by all just turn the fuckig page and help rebuilt that poor as gently caress island.

Because they want their slaves lands back.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

CyberPingu posted:

Man who sexually assaulted women is drawn to other humans who think women are below men...shocking

I wonder if this is the straw that causes Ecuador to put him on his rear end.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Ducked my head into the Genchat Trump thread. Where did all of these racists become goons?

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Xae posted:

The weak condemnation was probably the worst thing Trump could have done.

Any level of condemnation will piss off his base while everyone else sees through the bullshit.

He has no backbone. He acts like a pouting child. But in the end everytime he starts getting beat up in the media he'll go out, throw a little tantrum and then cave.

All this after his weak little attempt at a strongman routine at North Korea. After folding on Healthcare.

He doesn't have the intellectual strength to even recognize good policy. He doesn't have the moral strength to say "Nazis are bad". He doesn't have the strength of will to act as a leader for the Republican party.

He is lacking in physical strength, intellectual strength, moral strength and strength of character.

Trump is just a weak man in every sense of the word.

drat near every day he hits a new low.

Is he a “cuck” now? Let’s check Daily Stormer to find out.... oh

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Maybe he should have looked that up on the free and open internet. Oh sorry, wrong Indian American conservative.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Lote posted:

Honestly, I thought that one arm of the swastika was bending over to suck itself. I am bad at parody.

The entandres keep multiplying

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

ThePeavstenator posted:

The second tweet is actually Trump dropping the Statue of Liberty into the sea.

He just wants the gold torch.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

My favorite is “I’m your super-gay Jewish replacement”

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

JawKnee posted:

also they got fuckin swole

And hung

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
http://gods2.com

Blacks for Trump. Tax Cherokee Democrats now!

He is a Black Israelite trolling the gently caress out of Trump and they let him on stage for optics.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

axeil posted:

The thing that really makes me sad about trans-hate is that even if transition wasn't something that can keep trans folks from killing themselves, why the gently caress should anyone care? It's the same thing as gay marriage. Jim becoming Jen or Jen becoming Jim and presenting as their preferred gender has absolutely 0 impact on anyone except Jim/Jen and their romantic partner. So why the gently caress is it anyone else's business? If it makes them happier than they are right now, it's something we all should either support or just not give a poo poo about.

It's why all this anti-LGBT poo poo makes me nauseated. They're not forcing you to get gay married or transition or anything else. They just want to live their life in peace and bigots aren't letting them and working to convince other people they're scary and should be punished.

It's really depressing/upsetting. I hope all the trans goons out there are staying safe and mentally healthy through this. I can't imagine how much it sucks.:smith:

But you see, I might become attracted to one and deceived into sex thus making me gay.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

farraday posted:

Well not everything.

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/902949952560738309

(This is a joke, I do not want this elected rep and his family to drown. The situation is bleak and this is dark humor.)

What party does he belong?

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Why is Malachi Z. York patting Ben Carson on the back?

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmpqnxpYUqA

Trevor Noah back to being an insufferable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

mrfreeze posted:

He was a Rhodes scholar who got appointed to rebuild Detroit's public health department after the emergency manager and bankruptcy dismantled it. By all accounts he did a great job and some of the policies he implemented are in use nationally now.

Logistically he managed to tap into a LOT of the Bernie volunteers who have been looking for a new solid longshot candidate to get behind. He's incredibly compelling and charismatic in person, and has raised over $1 million in the last financial quarter solely from individual contributions.

It helps that despite there technically being 6 people in the dem primary so far, 2 are joke candidates with no chance of actually getting on the ballot, 2 are millionaire ceos posing as progressives who will only stay in the race because they can self finance long past when they should drop out, and the actual leading candidate has managed to run a really lackluster and kinda lousy campaign. She is still the favorite due to being the previous state Senate head, and has a lot of money coming in from corporate aligned pacs and other groups. Sayeds people freely admit they expect her to outraise him 2x1 once things get going.

blow him up on DKos.

• Locked thread