Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Just lol, gdp isn't measured like that, gdp growth is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lmao the context of this photo makes this a home run tweet.
God drat it, gone

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

VideoGameVet posted:

Roth, you're an idiot.

How in hell does "residing in their heads" relate to landlords?

I think he's making a joke

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

theflyingorc posted:

Maybe I'm crazy, but aren't all those things also visible at a normal CVS or Walgreens?

It's not a hardware store though lol

CVS and Walgreens won't have those old rear end cash registers but a neighborhood pharmacy might

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Shifty Pony posted:

Well they claimed they did. What they actually did was remove a very small number of blatantly illegal targeting options and real estate people just switched to using heavily protected-class-correlated "interests" to discriminate.

But yeah this has been coming for a while. What triggered it to happen right now was Facebook just announced they settled a private lawsuit over the advertising discrimination, and HUD apparently didn't like the terms.

Show this ad to people who like Fleetwood Mac and Led Zeppelin, but not Childish Gambino.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

TulliusCicero posted:

It still amazes me that chuds almost universally have the same body shape

The body type is mayo.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I see it as a positive for electoral prospects that Trump and the GOP are only doubling and tripling down hard on people who they already have. They have a very solid floor of support but the more they go down that path, the lower their ceiling goes. 'Wins' for Trump don't mean poo poo if he only uses them in ways that alienate people and limit ways of gaining support. More and more people are genuinely sick of his poo poo.

On the other hand :matters:

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1111605172021555200?s=19

Barr did too good a job making the Mueller report look completely exonerating, now most Republicans want it released too

But we lost and should just move on hurrrrr

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

What a second, that's Stone Cold's music:bahgawd:

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The designers really dropped the ball by making the pencil-as-a-neck thick as gently caress.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Wendell posted:

Yeah, they clearly don’t even know what the insult is supposed to mean.

They might as well have photoshopped his face onto George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I got a bit zooted last night and stupidly decided to read this thread and got a nice big laugh about US electing the worst person imaginable to the presidency. Thankfully it was not followed by a weird introspective spiral.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

CubanMissile posted:

I wonder if Regular Car Reviews is right that Tinder exists now solely for men to send unwarranted dick pics and for women to get more Instagram followers.

And the dating scene is awful now mostly because of everyone trying to ghost the other person first and I have no idea what specific ritual of people have to undergo these days just to go on an actual in person date.

The key to not get ghosted is to be a little bit entertaining/interesting. Some conversations are just duds right off the hop, so what's the loving point? If you can't give me more than two word replies, you're either not into it or I'm not gonna be interested.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I don't like this because it leads to an escalation of sorts that seems to be focused on fake identity instead of natural conversation.

I'm old :corsair:

It's not bad if you're sincere in your personality and how you present yourself. I am loving terrified of the idea of putting on a persona that's not me, and giving people false impressions. I don't want somebody to meet me and then discover 6 months later that actually I'm not at all like the person they met originally.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Not a hot dog.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Haha they are trying to pretend like Trump knows anything about policy.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

The president is currently ranting puerto rico got more money than any other place in history.

What, that "place"?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

booseek posted:

If Comey wants to repent, he should run as an independent with a thoroughly Republican platform to siphon off votes from Trump.

Comedy option, only Democrats end up voting for him

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Dusty Rhodes and Sapphire disagree.

I know decorum blah blah blah but it will be nice when the US doesn't have a president who doesn't even bother pretending that he cares about most of the country.

pacerhimself fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Apr 4, 2019

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

President dumb, so what?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Sports are designed to get people to value physical attributes above mental and emotional ones, and are thus fundamentally dehumanizing and contribute to a culture that glorifies violence.

ban them. all of them.

But one of the all time favorite sports stories is the underdog who battles against his or her disadvantages and to be champion.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
*Drives 3/4 ton gasoline truck*
*Gets 6 mpg*

"Yeah but AOC forgot to recycle a paper bag once"

It's bad faith bullshit, don't promote garbage.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Not ghoul, ghost.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

You forgot this
:ironicat:

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Linked in the replies:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1114600210083266561?s=20

Who remembers 8 years of Republicans claiming Democrats worshipped Obama lmao

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Who would've guessed that anthropomorphized corruption would do something corrupt?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Casey Finnigan posted:

I do wonder what exactly is wrong with Bolsonaro that he keeps tweeting the most bizarre poo poo. Even with this survey he posted, his accompanying tweet is just... holding down the K key.
As far as I understand, that is perfectly acceptable behavior on Brazilian internet

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

This is the type of thing that, if linked to the Arkansas or New York State, would be tied to the Clinton's forever and ever in perpetuity in the wingnutosphere.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Starting the morning with some pathetic grovelling. Great job Gym!

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Trump is retweeting a lot

But her emails. Surely the Mueller report is good news for Donnie T if he's spending all morning retweeting Hillary conspiracies.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
President attempted to obstruct the investigation 10 times and was very publicly against the investigation but who can know what his true intent was.

:iiam:

Must be an accident, nice one media!

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Faustian Bargain posted:

I love Trumps inability to actually let this cool off rather than scream about it endlessly.

He's an idiot who is only trying to keep his base happy.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

There is no southern White House

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

luxury handset posted:

better than telling them how much fun it is to have sex on a boat

Looking forward to this coming up in election commercials with a 'haven't we suffered enough embarrassment?' tagline.

Edit: the answer is no

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Crabtree posted:

I wonder how easy it would be to ruin Trump's sleep cycle if you just started to play loud music around 10 PM and heat up McDonalds around midnight.

Wouldn't that be assassination?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

This one needs to be fully appreciated.

Down on their knees begging for forgiveness. Totally normal, extra cool.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

luxury handset posted:

its both, harleys are a prestige brand for small dick boomers as well as harley davidson was specifically targeted by EU tariffs as a response to trump's tariffs

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1011360410648416258

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1028626569475051522

Two avatars of the failures of the Boomer generation fighting it out

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Grape posted:

One of my favorite sub-genres of news stories has been Jack getting dragged and assailed by the ungrateful crazy right wing turds he constantly pampers.

I'm not sure if the never ending working of the refs should be considered very entertaining given the endless rightward shift it's destined to cause

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ah yes, the powers granted to Congress explicitly by the Constitution.

Great idea!

Frog tax

pacerhimself fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Zophar posted:

More low IQ than high IQ....

They....they know how IQ tests use a bell curve and standard deviation to work, right?

The best part is the then/than gently caress up