Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

P-Mack posted:

your supposed to spread your creeping out over multiple asses, or like bounce it off a mirror or something, you know have some strategy

this dude got target fixation like a fighter pilot, crashing and burning

😂 focus so hard on the yoga butt that you inadvertently downward dog right into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Hmm you all are guessing similarly but you're on a slightly wrong track. Think nerdier but less about media consumption. (Like, I swear no anime.)

Bitcoin

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

ArbitraryC posted:

There is literally no person in an actual college relationship that wants to be with someone and bone that would give 2 shits about their circumstances or surroundings when it came to inviting them over. She just doesn't want to see him. As a freshmen I lived in a 2 person per room dorms and everyone worked out a way to have their bae over, she just doesn't want that. I straight up don't get the point of defending her.

Like yeah the dude is a clingy weiner and we should all laugh, he comes across as desperate and potentially controlling but she's no catch either.

Lmao if you think she is cheating and not just a confused 18 year old who had a busy weekend and couldn't host, your brain is broken.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Did I miss hunting chat? The rich white person version of hunting is spear fishing while scuba diving in the Caribbean, you should do that.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

fruit on the bottom posted:

:ironicat:

But he should talk to IT. Does he just need to take it home to be reachable? Maybe they'd be ok with Google voice forwarding for that.

Yeah forward the calls to your personal phone that they can't track, then keep the work phone powered down or at home in a drawer or something so you can check emails or whatever if someone calls you about and says "look at the email I sent you about the emergency problem" or whatever. Then you are reachable but don't have a tracking device on you. Easy peasy.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Clark Nova posted:

How likely is it for a dog to do this to only one person if that person ins't abusing it? How can you have enough of an "intimidating presence" to terrify your own pet just walking around the house?

Some dogs, especially shelter dogs, can just be really drat scared or hostile to one gender, depending on their past. I volunteer at the no-kill shelter in austin (the one that takes in hard to place dogs from the euthanasia list at other shelters) and lots of the dogs have handling notes saying they just start flipping out in the presence of one gender or certain people.

It is possible he is abusing it, but it is a shelter dog so it may just be super accustomed to being abused by men because of its past before they even got it, and submissively urinating because of that.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

American gods style.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

ahahahahahahahaaaaa

Me [22M] and friend [20M] are touring Europe and I'm starting to wish I came alone

I'm permabanned user normiestomper420 and I went to Europe with my cringey friend and he wanted to go to pubs all the time and not be ironic what the hell

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

maskenfreiheit posted:

i've actually done all my vacations alone, and really enjoyed it, am i antisocial?

i'd usually meet people in the hostels to hang out with but some days i'd just go to a museum alone and it was pret--t-t-y good

Antisocial means more like exploitative, mean to people, mean and/or aggressive and manipulative to your gain and their detriment. that's what antisocial personality disorder is (kinda).

You sound like you just enjoy alone time, which is fine and normal.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jim Barris posted:

I agree with you but I also think people have the right to not like certain things. My last girlfriend refused to eat eel, for example. I personally cannot stand most Indian food.

Hm you're both babies who are objectively wrong.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

blarzgh posted:

I had a case in bumfuck central Texas where a guy (who lived 50 miles away) was renting a house to some tenants, who eventually got tired of paying rent and decided, "Hey, here's a good idea: lets sue our landlord, claiming we own the house and that HE owes us rent!"

He never showed up because they served his papers by posting it to the door of the house he owned; the one THEY were living in. $10,000.00 judgment against him. It eventually got thrown out b/c defect in notice is grounds for throwing out a default judgment.

But, not before they filed bankruptcy in Mississippi, and listed the house as an asset (didn't tell him, or serve him), got a court order to liquidate, and then 'sold' the house themselves (no realtor) to this other family, and absconded with the down payment. My guy only finds out about all this because he drives down to do some repairs, and walks in on a family of people he'd never seen before.

This is why title insurance exists, but I am guessing this family is too dumb to get it.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Pick posted:

"but I'm right and they're wrong!!!!" is the calling card of someone who, right or wrong, is going to make a lot of problems for themselves in life

that's why they say pride is so dangerous. not because it makes you preen, but because it makes you unable to make pragmatic decisions

You sound like a pretty big pushover.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Pick posted:

Not at all, it is a really important skill to recognize when a principled stand will make a difference and when it won't.

Use "use my driveway because you sold yours without thinking about it" is absolutely not acceptable. Sometimes it costs money to make your dumb neighbors gently caress off, but having them driving on your property and potentially loving things up that you exclusively pay to maintain is not something a reasonable person is going to compromise on. What happens if they drive drunk and knock something over? They sold their own driveway so you obviously can't expect them to act responsibly. Absolutely not worth the risk.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

LimburgLimbo posted:

Texas just passed a law specifically allowing people to carry swords or whatever. Was in the news because it's kinda weird.

Only if you are not from texas :clint:

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
[quote="“Ziv Zulander”" post="“476950491”"]
Mayo is really the best condiment for fries, just not the nasty storebought stuff
[/quote]

Actually the best condiment for the dipping of fries is a vanilla shake

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Mirthless posted:

wearing shorts and having cheap glasses could get you convicted of dozens of accounts of felony kidnapping and child molestation in the 80s and 90s

people are so convinced they can "spot" a child molestor that they will ignore it happening with a family member right in front of them but have no problem accusing somebody who looks like they fit the bill even if the allegation is "he lead us through secret tunnels to a satanic orgy where they killed babies"

A friend of mine who is a comparative religion professor doss expert testimony in cases like this, youd be surprised how often cops try to introduce a copy of the necronomicon, which is basically just a joke publication, as evidence of satan worship and weird sex things. The stories he has will make you sad.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Mirthless posted:

they also believe in and engage in mass euthanasia of dogs and cats, to the point where they will literally steal people's pets off their porch to put them down

you can't make this poo poo up

Hm, don't tag your dog and let it roam free in the neighborhood while you know people are going around collecting stray animals? PETA screwed up here if the dog was chipped, but thats one irresponsible dog owner.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Taking a leather purse that was a gift and damaging it for an instagram photo is top tier shithead behavior. If you are opposed to leather goods for animal rights reasons then sell the purse, that animal is already dead, and donate the money to something you care about. You just reduced demand for leather goods and made a donation in one go. Ripping it and coating it in tar for instagram likes is super childish.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
[quote="“Mirthless”" post="“477270212”"]
lol

if you’d actually read the article the PETA members knew who the dog belonged to as the owner of the house had met with them about some feral cats earlier in the week

apparently they lured the dog off the porch with treats

imagine being this person, the kind of person who would smugly say “GOOD” when they hear somebody stole someone’s pet solely to euthanize it

[/quote]

I did read the article, which is how i know that the dog owner knew they were in the neighborhood clearing out stray animals. If you know people are actively looking for stray animals in your neighborhood to euthanize them, you should not let your pet look like a stray, thats insanely irresponsible pet ownership.

I never said "good", but the dog owner showed a remarkable lack of foresight.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
I am not a fan of PETAs tactics, but that guy is a lovely dog owner.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Mirthless posted:

they literally sat on the porch with the owner while the dog was there

way to play devil's advocate for people who knowingly murdered somebody's dog for no reason

btw they were rounding up strays because the strays were attacking cattle, why in the gently caress would they round up a chihuahua?

pretty sure a chihuahua would collapse in a puddle of it's own piss if a cow got anywhere near it. i'm just not seeing a pack of chihuahuas taking down a cow. i mean, i'm seeing it in my head, and that's hilarious, but it's probably not a realistic scenario. these were people with an agenda and that agenda was relieving people of their pets

PETA were there with him 3 weeks ago to remove cats, they easily could have not remembered this was his dog, and the article doesn't even state that the workers who cleared out the cats three weeks earlier were the same workers that took the dog, you just don't know that they knowingly took someones dog to murder it, sorry, not from that article.

Seems to me like if he'd been a responsible dog owner and had a tag or tied up the dog, it would be fine, like his other dogs that weren't taken because they were tied up.

Also, if you think small dogs cant be aggressive because they're small, thats just wrong. No dog "took down" any cow, but the udders were bitten, which sounds exactly like something a small dog thats not contained or tied up could easily do.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
[quote="“Haifisch”" post="“477275166”"]
I [23F] stumbled upon my bfs [23M] secret folder, not sure how to handle it
[/quote]

my_sexy_crimes.txt

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

re: the wedding story we are still discussing somehow- god loving drat, this is the whole problem with my generation. everyone is loving obsessed with culpability and technical rightness. no one can handle the incredibly obvious fact that sometimes you make all the plans and something goes awry and you have to deal with/accept something you didn't want and that you tried to prevent. loving GET OVER IT. you know who you punish by throwing the kids off the dance floor? not the mom, she knows you didn't want them there, you are giving her exactly what she desires by removing her kids- a victim angle. you do, however, hurt the kids who now feel like they did something wrong. yes yes, I know, you explicitly said no kids, and it's your wedding, and it's how you wanted it. you're still a loving rear end in a top hat for making a kid confused and sad for no reason. someone else did a thing, and now you are dealing with the fallout. loving welcome to life on earth.

Lmao no you are paying for the party, the mom isn’t. Boot the mom out, if the kids are upset it is their own mom’s fault.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
I find that drinking just exaggerates the feelings you have going into it.

If you are drinking with friends because it is friday night fun time, its gonna be a good happy drunk. If you are drinking at thanksgiving while angry at your boyfriend for cheating on you, it is going to be an unhappy drunk (even if you are dead wrong about the facts).

That woman sounds like someone who drinks when she is feeling angry or sad and thats no fun to be around. Deal with your sadness while sober and drink only when it is time for fun.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Inescapable Duck posted:

The ancient Romans believed 'In wine, there is truth', that drunk men are the most honest.

Sorta, but it also exaggerates and changes feelings. Alcoholism is associated with an irrational sense of persecution. Thats not just your inner self coming out, thats the alcohol affecting how you process feelings and events. Alcoholics are going to think and feel things that a sober person would reject. That doesn’t mean thats what they “actually” feel, it means that they aren’t able to rationally process feelings and emotions when they’re drunk.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Fartbox posted:

You can still shower your butt and dong, just don't shower your fragile scalp and faces if you don't need to

*scienceman points to map of goon body*

The butt, armpit and dong area here, are critical stink areas

George carlins four key areas for washing are armpits rear end in a top hat crotch and mouth.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Ghost Leviathan posted:

https://youtu.be/77xoCVhrlPk

Gotta love it when people are faced with a potential hazard and react in the absolute worst possible way in front of everyone.

And I think the only obstacle was Pick being Catholic, if she was Protestant the supervillain gimmick would write itself. The physical deformity, the spite, the obsession... But you can't be a Catholic supervillain, at least without being ordained at the very least. You can be a self-loathing superhero who dresses like a demon, looks like a demon or is a demon, though.

If this is one of those big in geound wasp nests, here is the proper way to deal with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGJ2jMZ-gaI

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

MightyJoe36 posted:

Indeed. My younger son dropped out in his freshman year. Decided college wasn't for him. He applied and was accepted for an apprenticeship in the Ironworkers Union. Four years later as a Journeyman Ironworker, he was making more money, had better benefits, and is happier than just about all of his peers the same age. With no student loan debt.

To be fair graduation without debt is what state universities could/should do but the administrators are all in a race to see who can build the biggest sunbathing waterslide swimming pool to put on their resume when they apply to an ivy and costs have gone up ridiculously in the last two decades.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

or its that state universities are no longer publicly funded and now have to charge what real tuition is. getting idiots complaining about new buildings (which aren't paid for through tuition) is great cover for the fact that most states have slashed higher education funding by 30-90%.

¿Porque no los dos?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

because it's not true. growth in administrative costs has paralleled growth in expectations for what a university offers (I.e. a counseling office and a student health program) and increasing regulation (title ix enforcement requires the university to employ an office of lawyers, which is expensive).

really all issues with public higher education come from decreased state funding.

Fair enough if i am wrong. I just know i went to UT Austin in 2000-2005 and it was $1500 per semester. It’s now roughly ten times that (and I think the large six inch deep sunbathing pool they built is kinda silly for a college gym).

I have donated for new engineering buildings and would happily direct more of the state budget to cover tuition if thats the solution. Since i have no kids i haven’t really been following what the state budget actually is wrt UT.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Grape posted:

llllllol at the European dude a few pages ago insisting that walking around with cum on your face in front of someone's mom is totally normal in most of the first world.

The what? Link please i am fone posting...

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Gluten Freeman posted:

My [22M] girlfriend [21F] says I don't trust her family because I won't take her luggage

lol what a dipshit

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Taking hard to find things things to people abroad is extremely common.

My friend takes a six month supply of tampons for his wife every time he goes to visit her because tampons are hard to find and ridiculously expensive in china.

There is literally nothing odd about this unless you have some reason not to trust the person you are traveling with, in which case you shouldn’t be dating or traveling with them.

Nothing sketchy is happening here, that guy’s parents are probably just racist.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jimbozig posted:

I mean, "did you pack your suitcase yourself?" is a very common question at customs and answering "no" is a good way to get yourself sent to a room to wait for hours while they rifle through your poo poo.

So pack it yourself??

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Why is everyone acting like what the girlfriend's parents were asking for was a normal everyday request? "Hurf durf but what if your partner's parents offered to cook you dinner, would you think they were trying to poison you?" No, because that's a totally normal thing and demanding you carry mystery luggage across an international border isn't.

Frankly it'd be weirder if there weren't something sketchy going on. Why else would it have to be that specific case?

Only an insane person would consider a nice gift suitcase from their girlfriends parents to be “mystery luggage” that probably contains contraband.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Switchback posted:

Being worried your girlfriends family is lining the big suitcase with drugs is like that guy on 90 day fiancée who wore condoms when swimming because he was worried parasites would swim up his pee hole.

This is the guy arguing that it is Fine and Reasonable to not bring the biggest suitcase for your girlfriends foreign family:
https://youtu.be/Hb1kqy-bk_4

holy poo poo how do people like this survive outside in the real world

such a warped understanding of basic risk analysis involved with every day tasks like swimming in a goddamn lake

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
1 everything bachelorette with a schmear please

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

As a cheapskate, I'm... conflicted on this. While this case is certainly gauche, I'm fine with a small tip on a literal shot pouring. As far as tipping goes, I give less if they literally open a beer for me vs make me a cocktail. Although this guy... you're blowing money on a single shot you can probably afford to tip bigger / proportionally.
e: new page
My [38F] son [7M] has various food allergies and his friends mom [40sF] doesn't take them seriously.

If you can afford a $600 pour of bourbon, the bartender almost certainly cannot. It’s part of the social contract. If you are big enough to order something that extravagant, tip 20-25% or whatever you normally would tip for good service. I say this as someone who has literally never worked in the service industry.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

empty sea posted:

a chart on the wall with gold stickers for each orgasm or what?

Stealing this idea thanks. 🙏🏼

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

M.C. McMic posted:

You don't tip 20-25% on one $600 pour. "Hey, thanks for the 1.5 oz pour and 2 min of your time. Here's $120." gently caress off.

Sounds like you are too poor to order a $600 shot.

quote:

(I have never and will never buy a $600 pour.)

Confirmed.