Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Halo 4 also still sold like 10 million copies despite being a piece of poo poo. People buy Halo games and some people will buy a console just to play the new Halo game. I doubt it will be as many as they want, but it will undoubtedly still sell some consoles.

Edit - I just looked it up. Halo 4 sold around 9 million copies, substantially more than Halo 2 (6ish million) and a decent bit less than Halo 3 (11ish million). People are still going to buy Halo. Its a pretty significant exclusive.

Edit 2 - I forgot Halo Reach was actually the last Bungie developed Halo game. It sold 9.5 million copies, only slightly more than the non Bungie Halo 4.

A lot less people are going to own Xbox Ones when 5 comes out compared to people owning 360s for 4. It'll sell some systems for sure but I don't think it will sell systems like Halo 3 did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Are any stores still doing the buy the system get a game free deal?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Is there a menu in the store that shows all games with gold on the One or do you just need to look them up online?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

echronorian posted:

I was thinking about which bundle to get, they all sound really good (definitely over deliver on value) but I was wondering how efficient the 'Bone is with the color black? I need a console that really crushes it. Just makes things pop, I think. Tia

If you don't like any of the bundled games, buy the bundle anyway (assuming they are the same price) and sell the game that comes with the system.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

But everyone know WiiU is the king, so it's a moot point.

For released games, WiiU currently has better exclusives than the One and PS4 combined.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Yeah, I am hyped as heck for Crackdown and Scalebound, but considering that they havent even shown real footage of either of them I wouldnt bet on either of them being out within the next 12 months.

Fable is fairly soon i think. And the beta thing starts in like a week.

I hope the new Crackdown is more like the first one than second. I also hope it isn't insanely short.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

What is this from?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Doflamingo posted:

I still don't understand why a console from 2001 has over 200 loving pages discussing it. Goons are weird. :(

This whole thread is weird, it's like gamefaqs bled into something awful or something.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

If he did he's been missing Halo 5 for a while :colbert:

If someone for real asked me which one to buy, I'd tell them to base their decision on whichever one their friends have, then on whether they want Halo/Gears or Uncharted/TLOU 2

This is the way to do it. Playing with friends online is the best.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Barent posted:

Why do you keep talking about driveclub in the Xbox One thread?

Why do people keep talking about PS4 in the Xbox One thread?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

BitBasher posted:

I wouldn't say that. Last month with no exclusives on the PS4 and the Xbox straight giving away a free game the gap in sales dramatically widened in favor of the PS4. If memory serves it went from the Xbox selling 30k or so less to something like 200k less than the PS4 for no real compelling reason.

I would think that the MCC would bring the sales over PS4 but at this point I don't think that anyone would claim that it's a sure thing.

Anecdotally over in the GTA V thread there are two single people as far as I can see that are that are buying the game for the Xbox one and everyone else in the thread that is moving to next gen is either going from PS3 to PS4 or from 360 to PS4. Several of them are picking up next gen console just for this game, and they are overwhelmingly going PS4 in no small part due to the network effect.

People are buying next gen systems for GTA 5? Are they really going to add that much stuff?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Sleepy Owl posted:

Has anything interesting happened in this thread?

People that aren't interested in Xbox can't stop talking about it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

This system needs Midtown Madness 4.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Bass Bottles posted:

This thread gets bad when people try to seriously win arguments and hurt feelings. Maybe try to just be either informative or funny :)

I don't think this thread has had actual funny posts yet.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I hope I'm one of the randomly selected people for extra stuff. It'd be nice if having Live for 11 years did anything.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Crafty posted:

I opted out of marketing communications so missed out on the email. Dang, thought I was being smart!

It just went to see nightcrawler at the cinema.

Crafty points : 6.5 "it was decent"

Where do you opt in/out of this?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Does Dragon Age play anything like Mass Effect?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Zophar posted:

Forza was never that great and always felt like Gran Turismo on a budget, which I have to wonder why anyone would choose to play Forza over when the real mccoy is right there.

Project Gotham Racing was pretty rad though and the superior Xbox racing franchise.

Midtown Madness forever.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

It was really good, but it was broken as gently caress at launch and their delays and broken promises really soured me on it after a while, because it felt really hollow as a result. I'd prefer a sequel than a rerelease.

The most annoying part of this is when they pretended they were planning on adding co-op for a couple of months after release.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Say what you want about Killer Instinct on xbox one, the fighting game community seems to like it and they didn't gently caress up the announcer.

ULLLLLLLLTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA COOOOOOOMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pretty sure the announcer just yelled ULLLLLLLLTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ULLLLLLLLTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA after Ultra combos in the old KI games.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

He might in the new one too I've only seen a few twitch streams of it. Looks cool though. Undeniably the place to go for fighting games on next gen.

He screams ULLLLLLLLTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA COOOOOMMMMBOOOO in the new one, the first time I heard it I was thrown off. The best next gen fighting game is currently Smash Bros or Injustice depending on if you consider Smash a fighter.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

Wow Bungie is pushing ads for Destiny's first DLC pretty hard, I'm seeing them everywhere.

Does anybody still give a poo poo at this point? :v:

Yes because Halo MCC doesn't work.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

If it turns out better than Tekken x Street Fighter it might be worth a buy. I hope it turns out better than Tekken X Street Fighter.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Are these games good?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Cubey posted:

but nuts and bolts was the only good banjo game that ever existed :confused:

This thread has finally gone too far.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

If Microsoft wanted to actually respond they should just make the new Mass Effect an exclusive.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Stux posted:

I can't believe I forgot the best fighting game in history http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np5iu0w42G8

Had that game. How could anyone forget it?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

hanyolo posted:

How is enjoying/posting about the console we have purchased in a thread dedicated to said console defending it? Maybe don't be an autistic gently caress and let people enjoy their console of choice? I always laugh when I see someone post in here "going to buy an xbox one, whats a good deal lately" followed by 20 posts calling the guy a retard. That's the pathetic posts you should be laughing at :v:

This thread is filled with sad people who just want to relive the gamefaqs console war era.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I said come in! posted:

A part of me wants a xbone for Halo MCC and then I remembered I could just play Destiny and get the same thing plus with working multiplayer.

Except Destiny's PVP modes get kind of boring if you like objectives. (Like CTF or oddball.)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I said come in! posted:

When is Halo MCC coming to PC?

It would be kind of funny if they ported it to the PC and everything worked while the Xbone version was still filled with bugs.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Wootman posted:

Reminder that if Microsoft never entered the console market, the world would be a better place.

Console online play would probably be worse if the original Xbox didn't exist.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

VincesUndies posted:

I just got back from 3 weeks vacation and started reading the past few pages of this thread.

Sales numbers, RAM jokes and Stux and Crafty yelling at each other. It's like this thread exists out of time.

I still don't understand why half the posters post in this thread.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

SBJ posted:

343 have not released a good game. The only decent game they wanted to release was developed by a better and more competent studio and they hosed up the porting.

I mean sure I can understand defending the bone considering you guys paid for it, but I don't understand the unconditional love for an incompetent studio who are doing everything they can to destroy one of the biggest gaming franchises.

343 is the new 989.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

A bunch of EA games are on sale on live today. If they ported NBA Jam On Fire Edition and updated the rosters, it'd be better than almost all these games.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare - $10
Battlefield 4 - $13.20
Battlefield 4 Premium Edition - $24
UFC - $10
Titanfall - $10
Titanfall Deluxe - 12.50:
Titanfall Season Pass - $6.25
Dragon Age: Inquisition - $35.99
Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe Edition - $41.99
Need for Speed Rivals: Complete Edition - $15
Peggle 2 Magical Masters Edition - $4.95
NHL 15 - $24
NBA Live 15 - $19.80
JUST DANCE 2015 - $30

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

This system is full of surprises. Today it refuses to connect to my router to get on Live. I guess not turning it on for a week can cause that.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Chairman Wao posted:

Just imagine, if MS had gotten their way you wouldn't even be able to play any games at all on it right now.

I can't play Titanfall or Destiny. It's weird that only my Xbox won't connect to my network.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Hulk Krogan posted:

If somebody sends you a party or game invite and you miss the little pop-up, is there someplace they show up afterward? IIRC, on 360 they'd show up in Messages, but it seems like they're gone if you miss them on the bone. Am I missing something or is this another example of Microsoft's stellar UI design?

Yeah, it's the little notification thing that should be in the top left of the home screen. It's not in a good spot compared to how the 360 did it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The ESPN app decided to randomly freeze and shut off my Xbone twice today. Neat feature.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The Xbone continues to shut off when I try to use the ESPN app. You'd think a home media box would be able to stream media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Really hope they bring NBA Jam:On Fire Edition to the bone. Of course, a sequel with updated rosters would be better but EA did such a bad job advertising the previous game I could see them not caring. I can't believe they never tried ads on espn or during NBA games when the game was released.

• Locked thread