Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

The Supreme Court posted:

Wow. I didn't know that GW still sold Necromunda gangs, but when did they updage the Redemptionists? The sculpts are classier but lack the character of the old ones.
The new ones don't have the Exterminator+everything combo for some reason :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

No you have to look at all the negatives of the random stuff you guys aren't right in having fun
That's more like it :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

Yet another utterly broken thing in 2e was the grenade options. They meant you could do stuff like equip a biker sergeant with a virus grenade, charge him towards the enemy lines on turn one and chuck it. Every model it killed had a chance to explode from the virus and potentially infect others within the blast radius, who could also then explode. You could wipe out an ork army on turn 1 this way.
About the only armies vulnerable to virus grenades were the Guard-based ones (IG, chaos cultists, genestealer cultists WHERE THE gently caress ARE MY GENESTEALER CULTS GW) and they had transports and tanks. If you were playing orks and didn't take the vaccine, it was your own fault.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jul 21, 2012

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

cat with hands posted:

Was this some white dwarf release? Can't find that card in my dark millennium or rulebook stack.
A wargear card, either in Dark Millenium or (I think ) in the ork codex.

Virus grenade is ridiculously bullshit not because it's so effective (it isn't) but because if it DOES go off in a giant blob of troops you'll waste like half an hour on rolling dice because no, you can't batch roll.

cat with hands posted:

S8 2D12 wounds large blast multimeltas.
2" template, actually.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jul 21, 2012

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

cat with hands posted:

2" radi, so 4" across. Pretty much the 5" large blast have today.

God I miss the large flamer template... :(
Ah, shows how much I know about modern 40K. I thought the large blast was 6".

As for large flamers, come play Infinity :getin:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

bhsman posted:

My Terminator Njal was pretty much perfect as well. :smith:

Logan Grimnar was flawless. :smithicide:
So that's where all the good Finecast minis went.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

cat with hands posted:

I now have 9 drop pods, which is awesome. But how the gently caress do I transport them in a sensible way?
Grind them down, glue on your bases. You now have the most awesome flock ever.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Naramyth posted:

I have dropped over $100 on bits in the last week. I loving hate this game.

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I feel your pain, I just spent 20 on bits to turn what was left over from making my Forgeworld Nurgle army into another 20 Chaos Marines.
Thanks for making me not feel like crap after spending way way more than I need on Infinity minis.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Ultramega posted:

I thought his battlerep with corrode was pretty funny. :colbert:
I now want to search this thread for TCM's/Corrode's posts, but I fear for my life and/or sanity if I do either.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Fyrbrand posted:

Are they serious with this poo poo?

Look at those claws for gently caress's sake. Everything else on there is pretty half-assed too, including the paintjobs.

Christ I just really looked at the combi-flamer and plasma. They look like bad conversions from B&C or some poo poo.
What the gently caress is this crap? A new weapon pack or something? Those combi-bolters look like they came from the Rogue Trader era, and not in a good way.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Fix posted:

Found it. I didn't realize people were so catty about 40k.
Care to link it? I have to get some anger out of my system.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

PeterWeller posted:

But isn't reading some chucklefuck's rant just going to make you more angry?
Nah, it'll just give me some perspective. Don't ask.

VVV: Exactly what I needed. Something not to take seriously.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 10, 2012

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

nuncle jimbo posted:

I pick the hulk. WS10 BS0 S10 T10 W10 I10 Ld10 A10, 2000 pts. Roll a d6 - on a 2+ Hulk wins, on a 1 you lose.
That's good and all, but we're playing 1997 points because

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 16, 2012

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Domestic Robocop posted:

I had a go at that conversion a few weeks back.

I probably could've de-evilled it a bit more,(and some of the reshaping I did to the nose and wings might be a bit too subtle) but I'm mostly happy with how it looks now and it blends in pretty well with all of my other Eldar vehicles.
It's unevil enough and looks amazing.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Holy gently caress that model is dumb. Well made, but idiotic nonetheless.

Love the "Titan" codpiece though.

Safety Factor posted:

You can thank me later.
These are actually kinda charming, in a goofy old-GW way.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Lobster God posted:

Has anyone got any experience with maxmini?

In particular, what's the casting quality like and are the 'mechanical hammers' (http://www.maxmini.eu/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_24&products_id=84) a suitable size for power armoured marines?
Seconding the Maxmini recommendation, they're excellent, noticeably better than MAS when it comes to resin casting.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Takkaryx posted:

Cross posting from the painting thread;

Just finished up the prototype scheme of some Dire Avengers that have been taunting me for too long. Unfortunately, I've been working on a fire prism, and the scheme hasn't been translating well to vehicles.
Does it really? I think that that purple armor + dark grey underneath + teal vines/thorns/other ornaments/gradients would work quite well. Add nicely shaded bright neon green for the prism cannon and you're set. Of course, that's a shitload of work, but no one forced you to choose that scheme :v:

Oh, and please post pics if you've already painted it.

edit: Speaking of Eldar tanks, anyone have any photos of 28mm-scale old-style Falcons/other Eldar tanks, from 1/2 ed., back when no one knew what a modern skimmer looks like and the Epic plastic Falcons were completely different?

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 30, 2012

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What's the deal with the 40k PBF game? No visible mod intervention, no derails, no OP comments, just... randomly locked?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Snollygoster posted:

Thank the Lord that Broken Loose wasn't a Chaos player because the crying is already bad enough from Chaos players.
Speaking of, can anyone point me to BL's breakdown/end of 40K? Sounds like a fun read.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Fuegan posted:

An Ork army without a Shokk Attack Gun is an Ork army not worth playing :colbert:
Unless you field lots and lots of other awesome weapons. Speaking of, I remember (back in 2nd ed at least) a cannonball with several rockets strapped to it, making it scatter several times in random directions, doing damage each time it landed. Anyone remember which weapon I'm thinking of?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

cat with hands posted:

The aptly named hop-splat cannon.

Loaf32 posted:

Hop Splatt Gun, IIRC.
Yep, that's the one. Is it still around?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I love how the cigar has a skull cloud and the plasma gun doesn't :thumbsup:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

PeterWeller posted:

remind them that WYSIWYG is no longer a rule.
What. When did that happen?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Thundercracker posted:

Otherwise you'd end up with goofy situations like affixing a Black Mace onto the front of your bike.
And this is wrong why? It's 40K, :black101: makes right.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

bhsman posted:

So what'd you get? :allears:
An empty dreadnought :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

SRM posted:

I'm playing XCOM right now, and it strikes me how if GW could get the licensing to make a Necromunda game out of the same engine, I would probably never need another strategy game again.

Manifest posted:

X-Com has surprisingly similar movement/combat rules to Warmachine.
I'd kill for a solid necromunda or mordheim videogame though.
You made me want an Infinity XCom mod... again.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Fuegan posted:

THQ getting DoW due to Company of Heroes
Wait what, wasn't DoW first?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Cataphract posted:

if they were wearing enough army to shield them then they could carry on with their weapon, cool as ice.
That's... an interesting take on wound allocation :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

PierreTheMime posted:

Just got back from a lovely game where I continue to teach this semi-new Space Marine player about the rules and he continues to have fun regardless of how often I end up stomping him. I don't mean to... it just happens. :/
The essence of 40K gaming.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

Gotta' get into the holiday spirit, ladies.

Nice Imperator. What's that instead of plasma?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

krushgroove posted:

It is a beaut. Imagine how much it costs normally from ForgeWorld (over £900 I think?) then tack on the cost of the airbrushing...wow.
Err, that one's actually scratchbuilt.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What's the deal with that blow-up squig? o.O

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

I thought what I always think when I see models like that: "It looks great, but how the hell do you bring it to a game?"

Especially these ones.
What do you mean? Of course you carry it in the Officially Official Special GW Foam for the Official GW Miniature Cases.What made you think otherwise?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Dominion posted:

I'm laughing so hard at the thought of GW ever making foam that fits anything other than stock-pose space marines.
Well yeah, apart from that one little detail :haw:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Man, Bolt Thrower. This takes me way back... :smith:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I am totally buttheat about Finecast. :(
What's so bad about transitioning to a cheaper material? I mean, Reaper does it and you don't see people complaining :haw:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Schizotek posted:

In looking around for interesting bits for conversion I've found some decent alternative heads.
Puppetswar has some decent heads. Lots of stupid poo poo, too (Seriously look at some of those. Nurgle Jabba with a bowler hat, cane, and vest? Kitten helms? Borderline racist mexican orcs?)

Maxmini has some nice stuff as well.
You spoke ill of Dapper Nurgle and the Mexican Orks. All your opinions are now invalid :colbert:

VVV: Yes. Don't.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 12, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Arbite posted:

What exactly is a transfer sheet? Is it stickers, or what?
A water-based decal. In the basic form you cut it out, soak it in water, the glue or whatever relaxes and you can slide the symbol from the paper onto a model. Drain excess water and allow it to dry. That's it. There are also various agents to soften the decal to make it adhere nicely to a marine's shoulder, that dissolve the decal's foil to make it less visible etc.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Raphus C posted:

Bonus- My olde Battlewagon with the base:

And now I want to make a fantasy Orc cargo cult counts-as-40K army. Slugga boys throwing rocks, SWAT-lookalikes with primitive crossbows, war wagons pulled by oxen/boars or pushed by a horde of goblins, Nurgle palanquin-style. Trolls with goblin ballistae strapped on as killa kans. Shaman with protective spells as KFF mek. Sure, I won't actually do it, but the very idea is hilarious.

ed: And don't forget the zap cannons (or whatever they were named). That mini of two boyz trying to point the head of a weirdboy in a warp trance in the general direction of the enemy is too funny not to include.

...someone make that army please :ohdear:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Feb 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Did I miss photos of the new daemon releases in a not-terrible resolution? Everyone seems to have seen the details and I can't see poo poo on them.

• Locked thread