Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Crafty posted:

The populations still strong on Xbox, it makes sense as there's obviously a lot fewer games available to split the player base. The latest update also made some small improvements to frame rate and reduced tearing slightly. Not huge changes though.

Is there a TitanfallStats.com like there is a BF4Stats.com? It looks like p-stats doesn't have it listed. http://p-stats.com/ Which is odd, considering they have a access to a lot of other EA shooters API.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Customer about to make a big purchase: "Hi can I get an Xbox one please?"

Clerk:"What? Do you mean the console made ten years ago we don't sell or the new console that just came out?"

"Do you have the new Fifa in?"

Yes, for which console?

"He's got the Xbox one, not the Nintendo or Playstation."

Did the lady mean Xbox One or Xbox 360? Find out next time, in Actual Things People Say In Stores!

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

It was the 360 version she wanted. Also, I have in stock three Xbox One's with Kinect that arrived in store on the 8th of January and not sold. The oldest PS4 I have is a Watch_Dogs one we had when the Last Of Us bundles started arriving.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

Speaking of, when I look at 2015, I'm more hyped for Xbone exclusives than PS4. Xbox'll have Scalebound, Tomb Raider 2 (at least for 9-12 months, I guess), Inside, Below, Halo 5, Quantum Break and Crackdown.

PS4'll have Bloodborne (which I'm very excited about), Uncharted 4 (it looks pretty, but I'm not a huge fan of the series and The Order which hasn't had great word of mouth the last time it was shown off. PS4 also has No Man's Sky, but that's hitting PC too. Plus whatever surprises may hit both consoles.

Even through the end of this year, Xbox gets Sunset Overdrive and a Halo collection. Does the PS4 have anything else exclusive this year outside of Driveclub which Forza H2 is apparently trouncing in the quality department?

http://www.listwar.com/upcoming-games/

I also doubt Crackdown One or Scalebound will be 2015. QB might.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

I enjoy reading what people remember in their head, opposed to actual history that happened:

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2j5hnm/the_lack_of_care_for_digital_consumers_is/cl8qvep

NPD is tomorrow yes?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

See, in the other thread, we'd have NPD numbers by now.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

hanyolo posted:

You guys should probably try shilling the Wii U in the PS4 thread. They're the ones more likely to be desperate for a decent game to play. It's funny checking in on the thread every so often and seeing people getting excited over playing Towerfall, Spelunky, Binding of Issac, TLoU, etc.

From a few pages back, but the first two were free, and BoI is rumoured to be free next month. People enjoy free, fun games I guess.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Crafty posted:

Be honest :If you could only buy one console out of the big three which one would it be?
Bear in mind that the xbox one has halo and sunset overdrive and a twenty gb patch. Ps4 has no games that aren't on ps3 and no online multiplayer, no YouTube app and no download pausing. The wii u has bayonetta but the console is made with children aged 3-6 in mind, and only gets 5 games per annum.

Be honest

PS4 has no games you can't play on PS3, but Xbox has Halo.

You don't see it, do you. It must be like the difference between 1080peas or 912.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

incorporeal posted:

What else are they suppose to do while they wait for psn/#driveclub to work?

Play the 3 other games I got free this month while waiting on my fourth free game?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

I own an xbox and enjoy talking about it in the xbox thread, even up to the point of having 100 posts about it over several months. Congrats on missing whats absurd about people with literally thousands of posts about something they will never own.

I think nuclear bombs are a pretty bad thing, and I will never own one.

The Xbox One deserves to fail for the nonsense they tried to pull with DRM, and watching it fail is amusing.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Crafty posted:

Still shits all over the ps4s biggest exclusive of the year though.

Reminder : Fantasia music evolved metacritic 80, Driveclub metacritic 71 (and dropping) :roflolmao:

I don't think anyone in Canada is providing SD boxes except my extremely cheap landlord. You can get a free to air PVR for around the same price as the MS European TV tuner if you're in the US or Canada, I had one.

I'd submit that knowingly negligently storing millions of customers personal details, including credit card details, unencrypted - until some child eventually hacked in and stole them, coincidentally denying all of said customers any online multiplayer for a full month - was a bigger sin than the original e3 reveal of the xbox one. But that's none of my business.

If you're only offended by dodgy rights management issues then sony got you covered there http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal

Let's not forget their attempts to digitally manage the rights to driveclub before the absolute outrage forced them into a quick 180 http://www.computerandvideogames.com/462960/driveclub-upgrades-no-longer-require-active-ps-plus-subscription/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-News-RSS you must have been real mad about that?

I am glad you found it in your heart to forgive and forget, you're a good Christian :v:

I thought TLOU was the PS4 big exclusive (like Halo) myself, but what do I know about sales of games?

I was in fact quite annoyed at the Driveclub DRM issue, to which Sony immediately apologized for within 24 hours. It was disheartening not to hear them tell me I "wasn't ready" for their cool digital plans that would have prevented second-hand sales or game rentals. You'll also notice after the previous DRM thing, Sony haven't tried it since.

I also agree the Driveclub launch has been badly handled, as I am capable of admitting faults exist with the product I bought.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Crafty posted:

Why would you think that you can't download and play? Is that true on the PS4?

You can play PS4 games offline while the update occurs in the background, yes.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Crafty posted:

Speaking of titanfall: big free update rolling out. New horde game mode and a bunch of other changes.

My personal favourite

http://www.titanfall.com/game-update-eight

That sounds like an awesome amount of content for free.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Crafty posted:

I'm expecting this event to occur between the time driveclub stops enforcing it's one in one out multiplayer policy, and the time the ps4 gets its first good non indie game

So, Bloodborne in Feb? Assuming you mean PS4 exclusive, and not, like, all the non-exclusive good multi-platform games.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Crafty posted:

Yeah but you can't play online with PSN unless you're willing to join a million man queue which is a terrible shame imo. Not great value for money.

This is equivalent to stating that every Xbox One game requires a 20GB patch. It's inaccurate.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Zophar posted:

Four games you can already play on an Xbox 360 is a bizarre definition of "exclusive"...

Just like Titanfall and Forza Horizon 2 :D

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Depends on whether or not you have 8 people in the thread to play with. Maybe you could implement a one out-one in system if you get 9.

I tried Shareplay today, and playing Towerfall online was a lot of fun.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Crafty posted:

Well come on now that's not true is it. A lot of them will be the same, see Destiny and Diablo 3 and rear end creed unity as some recent examples. Plus all sports games except PES are the same.

There isn't a long list of games that look better on Xbox, though. There are two scenarios so far:

1) Game looks same on both
2) Game looks better on PS4

So owning a PS4 means you get equivalent or better looking. Owning an Xbox gets you equivalent or worse.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Crafty posted:

THat's true, but with xbox you get online multiplayer that actually works, a bunch of DLNA stuff, TV input, all the snapping poo poo, dominoes pizza, a better controller, cool voice commands, a camera, better quality voice chat, Live buddy with crafty, monthly UI updates, Sunset OD, Forza, Titanfall, Master chief collection, NO driveclub, EA Access. Plus it's 50 dollars cheaper.

No brainer really

I've had no trouble with any online multiplayer short of the Destiny launch, I don't use DLNA, I have a TV remote, can order pizza on the web browser, controllers are personally subjective, the PS4 can do voice commands with any mic, party chat got a clear improvement with 2.0, we don't need updates to give us things like controller battery life because we had them at launch, Forza is on 360, Titanfall is on 360, MCC is on 360, a free racing game demo (whenever we get it) is bad?

I agree that I wish I could be live buddy with Crafty, though.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

2-3 hours into SO and I don't think the humor is cringeworthy (but also not hilarious). I also don't read Reddit or GAF so maybe all these jokes are internet jokes that everybody else has heard.

Like I thought what I played of BL2 was fine because I didn't understand like a single internet joke reference. I was like "Bonerfarts sure is a weird name, dude" while everybody else was dying inside.

Bonerfarts was hilarious because he was getting frustrated that all his other names he came up with were already taken. Perhaps he should have called them XBonerfarts, or Bonerfarts One (The Third One).

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2kp010/psa_xbox_live_is_experiencing_issues/

I thought it never had any problems, ever, forever-ever?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

hanyolo posted:

Just finished SO, definitely agree with everyone here where the 2nd half of the game is way better once you unlock all of your movement skills. Really good game too, glad I made the right choice of console to buy :woop:

"I played a game a year before the Steam sale, this validates my $400 purchase "

We sold out of Sunset bundles on launch day. This is because our store got 3. I sold more copies of GTA 5 on PS3 that day.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

VincesUndies posted:

That's so weird. I was looking at this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games
So far I only see about 10 exclusives that have been released so far.
Basement Crawl, Driveclub, Infamous First Light and Second Son, Killzone, Knack, Resogun, Warframe, War Thunder, Zen Pinball. Almost 91, but not quite there.

I guess Wikipedia is out of date. You should update it.

I tried Sunset Overdrive multiplayer tonight. People have gotten really good at it really quickly. It's impressive to see everyone flying around so fast picking up the supply drops.

http://www.listwar.com/

It has what plants crave (every game on each system)

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

univbee posted:

Huh, I just noticed the list counts Forza Horizon 2 as being on 360 as well despite it being a significantly different game there (and I suppose you could make a similar argument for stuff like MLB The Show 14).

Also how game-y is Xbox Fitness?

You could make a similar argument for BF4 MP being different with 64 players, but it's the same gameplay of shooting mans.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Crafty posted:

You're a glass half empty kind of guy aren't you? Never mind that they included a free version of halo 1, 3 and 4 in their halo 2 anniversary launch, with all multiplayer maps for all four games - plus never before on console, pc maps - plus the most powerful forge ever. Upgraded them all to higher resolution and frame rates and added in some lighting effects. All for 60 dollars.

I WANTED ALL THE MAPS!!!

You can make them yourself anyway https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J44c4eYySds

Forge is awesome now.

Considering naughty dog just released a remaster of a year old game with a couple of improved textures and a wobbly higher frame rate, and still charged microtransactions for guns in multiplayer, I don't think the mcc deal is too bad. :shrug:

Do you have an opinion on the re-releases of Tomb Raider or Sleeping Dogs?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Crafty posted:

Interesting about tlou, still doesn't explain why you need to buy arrows for your bow through microtransactions though. Guess Sony need that dolla.

There are no microtransactions in TLOU. There are 8 new perks and 8 new guns, and cosmetic items as DLC. You don't buy ammo.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

hanyolo posted:

You should know by now that people don't buy consoles based on games, just look at the PS4.

It's not like they got 20 games with PS+ this year after all!

http://www.listwar.com/ps-plus-vs-gold/

Oh wait

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

VincesUndies posted:

Lol

2 million out of how many consoles?
Remember when TitanFall sold 2 million on Xbox One?

Eh, where did you hear this?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

hanyolo posted:

A game doesn't have to be popular to be good? The amount of sheep in this thread is crazy

A quick google shows VGCharts to be the source, so not sure how reliable it is but since it sold 1 million in 3 weeks it's more than likely it's hit 2 mill by now.

http://segmentnext.com/2014/08/05/titanfall-sales-reach-2-million-on-xbox-one-3-million-in-total/

So, since TLOU hit 1 million in one week-ish, it must be at like 6 billion by now.

Sales at launch /= sales through year.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Crafty posted:

To be honest after launch week the material really went stale, unless you think '32mb of ram!' repeated over and over is funny (you probably do).
I'd say there's better comedy material if you look at the Sony camp right now.

Good games coming this holiday season? Shh.

Driveclub multi working yet? Uhm

Free version of driveclub everyone was promised as compensation for the full year delay? Yeah about that...

At least psn is totally solid now everyone is forced to pony up fifty dollars a year? Sort of!

A real poo poo show :laugh:

But you can't laugh unfortunately, because mugs like you and captain capslock actually went out and bought a system that's best exclusive is knack :(

I don't understand why you keep looking at Driveclub. It'd be like us laughing that your free copy of Lococycle was delayed. Most PS4 users are happy getting three free games for each of the last 3 months.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Crafty posted:

And then there's the PS4, only 19 days till it gets it's next free 'failing to sell of its own accord' Indie game :woop:

Injustice is an indie game?

Crafty posted:

Literally every single display unit ps4 I have seen has completely worn off analog sticks. I'm gonna start taking some photos I think, will post here when done! What a piece of loving poo poo!!

I have seen this, because people keep playing with them. I have not seen a single working Xbox One display unit in my current city or my home city.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Bobtista posted:

Hey guys PS4 is getting injustice ultimate edition (metacritic 80) for free and i was wondering how that compares to killer Instinct (metacritic 73) on the bone since they are both the only real fighters on the market?? Except fighter within (metacritic 23) I guess how does that one stack up?!?

Watch out for Crafty reminding us reviews don't matter (unless xbone is higher)

Well if you add KI and Fighters Within together that's a 96 metacritical so that's clearly better.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Crafty posted:

This is horse poo poo, I only want ads for xxl tacos on my fuckin dashboard!!

The picture you show says to pre-order Infamous, so was from March at the latest. Any more since then?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

WEEDLOVER NARUTO posted:

That is one exclusive worth having. Which is one more than the PS4 has.

There's no better exclusive than 'something you can play on your old console for a few bucks' * 4.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Crafty posted:

Dude it could run at 5fps, as long as the ps4 runs at 1fps I'd still be happy. :woop:

Yeah 4fps, but in that context it's 16% WHICH IS JUST HUGE!!

Now that the xbox is more powerful than the PS4 it's pretty sad times at Sony. No online, less powerful, washed out colours and no first party studio games. I predict their quarterly losses to be even worse than usual. :(

RIP

I thought LBP was firstparty?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Crafty posted:

Man they are going haywire since bloodbourne got pushed back. drat!!!

It's called Irony. In terms you might understand : it's like a company saying they are going to concentrate on a "gaming machine for gamers!". Then people buy it because they are suckered in by the slick marketing "#4thegamers". But then the story takes a sinister turn as zero games are released for the "gaming first!" console, and the only semi decent game gets pushed back into oblivion, and that's called irony. :laugh:

Oblivion is four weeks?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Soonmot posted:

I already have it preloaded. I'm probably going to dump 5 bucks for the six hour preview when I get back from the store in a little bit.

I loved DA1, played it maybe a dozen times. Hated DA2, only made it through less than half of a second play through before deciding it wasn't worth it.

It's great that you're allowed to pay for a demo these days.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Soonmot posted:

Except the "demo" also provides access to a shitload of other games that don't have time restrictions. Way i see it, I'm basically paying 5 bucks to rent peggle 2 for a month and getting 6 hours of dragon age for free.

Whereas you could pay 10 bucks and own Peggle 2, forever. The sports game are still last years, aren't they? Many playing last years Madden online these days?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

VincesUndies posted:

I asked a friend of mine who plays last years Madden online and he says that tons of people play last years Madden online these days.

I sold BF4 and FIFA14 for $40 so I got a years worth of EA Access plus $10 which I used to buy a sandwich, so I'm way ahead in this game.

Good thing you got BF4 and Fifa 14 for free when you originally bought them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Crafty posted:

But yeah, it's a fuckin rip off because........

EA used to release free demos. You want to play BF: Hardline on release? You buy it from EA Access, so you get 10% off €70, which is... the monthly fee you paid to have the discount! Yay. Or you can wait eight months to play it!

• Locked thread