Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

WampaLord posted:

A historic day, Day By Day is finally banned from the politoons thread.

RIP Fuckbarn. :911:
This makes me very happy.:toot:

Also I'm still pleased as hell that my picture of the six "Cuckoos in our nest" cards is Kirschen's OP image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
As lovely as most of Jerm/South African Lester's views are, it's still cool to have cartoons from South Africa posted. It's a cool look into non-American issues and politicians, so please keep posting them.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Yes you dumbfuck, we give guns to people who (nominally) are supposed to be trained with them and trained to keep us safe, hence the loving uniforms they wear.

That's why most of the rest of America doesn't need guns.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Kakairo posted:

That sign. :stare:
You've probably heard about the ISIL-linked bombing in Istanbul. Guess what Turkish president Erdogan's response was to the attack?

fspades posted:

:lol: Not even that. In his speech, Erdogan reserved most of his scorn to intellectuals and academics who signed a petition to end curfews in Kurdish cities. He called them no different than terrorists and that they are going to be treated by the state accordingly.

You can read the petition (in English) here.
If you guessed "hate on/blame/repress the Kurds some more" then congratulations, you're familiar with Turkish politics.

So yeah, that's an excellent and sadly accurate cartoon.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 13, 2016

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

US foreign policy is famous for being good and consistent with its own values.
It's painting the US as being completely responsible for Syria when the US isn't anywhere near as influential in Syria as Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Russia, and Assad are.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Mister Beeg posted:

So remember this masterpiece from Ben Garrison?

Well, after the AGC blog posted it, various artists started drawing the mermaid in their own styles. Many of them are pretty rad. There's a chain going around right now, and it's getting bigger.

Some samples:

Here's my contribution:

This is awesome (as is your drawing). Two more for the pile:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
I mean we could put Bin Laden's corpse in that chair if we knew where it was, but it's at the bottom of the sea.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
This is an amazing pro-click.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Samurai Sanders posted:

...and everyone was peacefully returned the next day. I like that policy.
Same, much better than the old Iran policy. And much better than the old, old Iran policy (sorry Jimmy :().

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

E-Tank posted:

Alright. sorry. Won't get posted again.
Keep posting them (in off times though) they're dumb as poo poo but at least the art is better than Ramirez, Gary McCoy, and Kirschen.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 19, 2016

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Edgy as gently caress. I like it.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
:golfclap:

"Shock and awwww" made me laugh harder than it probably should have.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Xander77 posted:

So, how much of a pos was he? Because right now, I kinda feel sorry for the fucker.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I didn't and still don't want Jeb Bush to be president, but I can't help feeling kind of sad for the guy.

He just tried so hard at something he's so bad at.

The Crotch posted:

If you catch yourself feeling sorry for Jeb, here's some recommended reading.
Alternatively, just have a small paragraph's worth of reading that should make you despise Jeb! with every fiber of your being:

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, “I was commander-in-chief of the National Guard. I visited Iraq and Afghanistan. The National Guard in Florida took the responsibility of running Abu Ghraib prison. I walked that prison. I saw the heroic effort of the citizen soldiers taking care of their job with great distinction. I supported our Guard in every possible way.” ~ Jeb!
If you don't know what Abu Ghraib is, then have a fun* trip down memory lane of the Bush years:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_torture_and_prisoner_abuse

*Disclaimer: Trip is not actually fun, it's miserable as gently caress and will replace all pity you have for Jeb! with hatred.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

colonel_korn posted:

1 "A Get Reich Quick Scheme" :vince:
:golfclap:

The woman secretly has anime power and can throw him really far, A Good Cartoon.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
I laughed at this one, and honestly it's pretty much accurate.

:( Not cool Luckovich. I appreciate the burn, but it's still making light of James Foley's death. We would (and did) despise Republican cartoonists using this to take potshots at Obama last year.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

It's joking on the fact that tons of people were saying that Christie had the expression of a person about to be executed by ISIS(or cupcake-dog.jpg) while standing behind Trump at his press-conference-cum-victory-speech last night.
Oh yeah I definitely laughed at Christie's thousand-yard stare, it was great watching him just stand there behind Trump.

I guess I just don't find ISIL stuff funny after following the Middle East for too long.:shrug:

What I'd like would be doing basically the same joke another way; just replace this dude with Christie:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

eviltastic posted:

Didn't know anything about Tom Lea until today. Thanks for posting that and getting me to reverse-GIS it.
(but you might want to rehost that jpeg)
You're welcome, I actually went to a Tom Lea art gallery that was part of the National Museum of the Pacific War in Fredericksburg. It was absolutely fascinating seeing the stuff he drew/painted.

The rules for rehosting have been relaxed a little bit, linking from Wikipedia and Tumblr is okay since their bandwidth is loving huge and SA is no longer near as large as it used to be. Non-Wikipedia/Tumblr stuff I always rehost though.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 3, 2016

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
gently caress it, have some more Tom Lea stuff, because god knows this thread needs to see some actual talent once in a while.
http://www.pacificwarmuseum.org/news-events/tom-leas-war/
http://joesouthpeleliu.homestead.com/PeleliuArt.html

One of the very interesting things at that gallery was that they had the original sketch for the Two-Thousand Yard Stare painting; it took a little searching but I found it:

Some of Lea's best work is good, but decidedly :nws:, like "The Price":
http://i.imgur.com/HihSsM0.jpg

or "Sundown at Peleliu":
http://i.imgur.com/WEFP4zs.jpg

Then there's spectacular, safe-for-work stuff like "This is Sad Sack Calling Charlie Blue":

All the lovely "cartoonists" like Ramirez, Branco, Lester, Kirschen, Rall, etc should be loving ashamed at their lovely skills compared to a master like this dude, is what I'm saying.

E: And here's an imgur rehost of 2000 Yard Stare, because why not:
http://i.imgur.com/UisnjKh.jpg

fade5 fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 3, 2016

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
I still can't get over the fact that there are a bajillion mediocre deviantart artists who can still draw a hell of a lot better than Ramirez. The same Ramirez who is published nationally in newspapers and on the web and gets paid lots of money for drawing this crap.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 5, 2016

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
:siren: We have the first Cruz booger/tonsil stone reference!:siren:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Whoops, wrong thread.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 8, 2016

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
A cartoon:

The story behind it, Turkish President Erdogan straight-up took over a newspaper because he didn't like what the newspaper was saying:
http://www.businessinsider.com/todays-zaman-turkey-police-2016-3

quote:

Police dressed in riot gear seized the headquarters of Turkey's highest-circulation newspaper in a midnight raid Saturday, in arguably the biggest blow yet to press freedom in President Recep Erdogan's Turkey.

The government takeover of Today's Zaman was evidently in response to Erdogan's perception of the paper as a front for the Gülen movement — a social movement led by the Turkish scholar and preacher Fethullah Gülen that is openly critical of Erdogan's government.

Reporters Without Borders' secretary general Christophe Deloire released a scathing statement about the takeover, calling the operation "ideological and unlawful."

"Erdoğan is now moving from authoritarianism to all-out despotism," Deloire wrote. "Not content with throwing journalists in prison for ‘supporting terrorism’ or having them sentenced to pay heavy fines for ‘insulting the ‘head of state,’ he is now going further by taking control of Turkey’s biggest opposition newspaper.”

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
So what the gently caress kind of point is Lester trying to make here?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Abyssal Squid posted:

Nope that was Beeler:

He's been a pretty boilerplate Republican shill since 2013, sadly.

Jerusalem posted:

Legit one of my favorite cartoons, sad to hear he's using his powers for evil now :(
Same, he's got actually decent art/caricatures and he can make a legitimately funny cartoon. It's sad that he doesn't make anything good like this anymore.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
hill gif?

hill gif.

gently caress you Ramriez.

Alright, standard post complete.

(Seriously gently caress you and gently caress off Ramirez you rear end in a top hat, we are not ignoring ISIL, and ISIL has been acutely aware of that fact for the last year-and-a-half.)

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Tom Guycot posted:

Oh my god oh my god oh my god. I JUST noticed the tiny hands. Frankenstein trump has too-small-hands sewed onto his arms.

This mediocre Bennett has just gone up in value 10 fold for me.
Ahahahaha holy poo poo you're right, oh my god that is amazing. Congrats Bennett, that cartoon just made my morning now.:allears:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

mandatory lesbian posted:

Congratulations, and condolences, to Rorus Raz
Same, congrats.

Zeroisanumber posted:

I don't know what happened. I'm behind the curve. Catch me up before they stick me in a recycling tank.
Rorus Raz has a blue star, aka he's now a mod.

Basically D&D has needed a new mod or two for a while now, AA and E-Marx are only active at certain times due to time zone differences and there's just not enough overlap. Also some other crap, but it's off topic to the thread so we'll just leave it that.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Jesus Christ I think every single goddamn conservative cartoonist did this same loving cartoon.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

SSNeoman posted:

Oooooooo this is my nomination for the gay abortions. I know Ramirez shits these out, but he obviously does it thoughtlessly and they fail on their own merit (or lack thereof). This one actually has thought put into it. I dunno why this one annoys me more than the others of its ilk.

Seriously what do you fuckers want? How is Obama supposed to schedule events around Daesh attacks??
At this point they literally want a white Republican doing exactly what Obama's doing against ISIL.

I really can't figure out any other explanation, all the Republican cartoonists did exactly the same "Obama dancing in Cuba while Brussels happened, he isn't doing anything about ISIL" cartoon even though we've been beating the poo poo out of ISIL for 18 months now.

loquacius posted:

Clay Bennett continues hot streak of nothing but excellent cartoons on the topic of Donald Trump's tiny hands

:drat:
I realize the "small hands" thing it's kind of low-hanging fruit but:
1) It seems to make Trump legitimately mad for whatever reason, so I approve
2) Trump deserves it
3) Trump really loving deserves it, because gently caress his horrifically lovely abortion comments
4) Bennett seems to be out of his slump now that he has something to make fun of Trump for
5) gently caress it, this level of immature discourse is all the Republican primary deserves anyway

So keep up the good work Bennett.:)

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
That woman is giving it her all and proving she can handle everything thrown at her, and is proving she has what it takes to be in a combat role or special operations. It's a hard fight, and that pack is heavy indeed (that's an extra 170-odd pounds of Secretary Carter on her back) but she's continuing on because she has the determination and the will to make it though.

A great loving cartoon.:911:

Seriously, that is a look of pure determination on her face.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Wormbama's left ear (our left) isn't actually attacked to his head, it appears to just sort of be floating there.

Seriously how the gently caress is it that random teenagers on DeviantArt have so much better drawing skills than Ramirez? And he somehow gets nationally published when his crappy scribblings wouldn't even make the top 1 million of artists in the US.

Also we're either dealing with all of those diplomatically (sanctions on North Korea, Iran Nuclear deal), militarily (blowing up ISIL), or yeah, the world's going pretty okay right now, if not especially "great".

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
This one I actually recognize, it's used as a pretty famous example of WW2 anti-Japanese sentiment.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Atahualpa posted:

Edit: Here, have some more Ramirezes in their natural habitat:

(There have actually been like five more of these since the last one I posted. At this point I can only surmise that Ramirez is a major investor in the soy industry.)
This is the hilarious(ly dumb) part, Ramirez's cartoons look like crap before they're published in a newspaper, and so when they're published they just become a crosshatched blob of ink.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

cheerfullydrab posted:

Why is Eisenhower considered by a lot of people to be one of the "good ones"? It's his fault we are where we are with Iran today, also he had a big hand in the Vietnam debacle, just to name two things.

Ibogaine posted:

At the time, the right wing of the GOP wanted to go much further. While Eisenhower wanted to contain communism, the right wing of the party wanted to destroy it. (Another wing wanted to go back to isolationism.). Furthermore, the Democrats were just as much supporting military actions with the aim of defeating communism as the Republicans at the time. Kennedy, for example, was much more ferocious and hawkish in his anti-communist rhetorics than Eisenhower.

Internally, Eisenhower signed legislation that expanded Social Security, increased the minimum wage, created the Department of Health, Education and Welfare and supported government construction of low-income housing.

Personally, I think he was a better president than anyone since, though this may be more of an indictment of his successors than a praise for him.
Also, the Interstate Highway system, and also the rest stops along said Interstate Highways.

It cannot be understated how important and amazing the Interstate Highway system is.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Stultus Maximus posted:

And in case anyone wanted to put hard numbers on how willfully dense Ramirez is,

This disparity will never not be hilarious. The US is the backbone of NATO and good god does it show.

Stultus Maximus posted:

When did Ramirez get hired on by RT?
May 7th, 2012.

The date Vladimir Putin was (re-)elected President of Russia, if you don't get the joke.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
I actually like this one, it's a pretty good metaphor that's simple to understand.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

colonel_korn posted:

4 In fairness they should have anticipated this given how they named the ship
Let me guess, Branco thinks we should have shot down those Russian planes and started WW3?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Well we once again have an entry for "worst caricature" in the Gay Abortions.

Seriously why is Ramirez so goddamn bad at caricatures? I think stick figures would legitimately be an improvement at this point.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Volcanic Vents posted:

Hot on the heels of FLCL, Cartoon Network commissions a new, more American season of Parasyte.
I'd watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

WampaLord posted:

Wow, an actual Good Cartoon from Branco.
:agreed: It's not insulting, it's based in reality, and it's not over-labeled.

Who is this person and what have they done with Branco?

fade5 fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 20, 2016

• Locked thread