Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

JT Jag posted:

I'm looking forward to just being able to toss Flare for free thanks to Umbral Hearts

I'm also Pretty Pumped for Warrior. Twice as much Wrath as before? Sounds good!!!

They needed it p bad for big pulls tho

a kitten posted:

We went a whole expansion and i never saw one person named Heaven Sward.
Disappointing.

e:

Foul isn't a very exciting name for my new big BLM spell.

I would have liked if they called it Pain or Break or perhaps Meteor or something

Tsurupettan posted:

okay literally when i posted it, it didn't work. and it does now. it also didn't work for other people i asked. so this is one of those times when i complain and it instantly backfires.

i can tell you that for the 30+ minutes prior, the shortened links went to a non-existent page.

Anything material change from prelim vs final patch notes?

OWLS! posted:

Oh wait I'm dumb, it's still there. Just no more bloodbath.

Bloodbath, no!

Yeah bloodbath was great for big pulls, kinda sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Meiteron posted:

Good news for warriors! Your beast gauge does NOT time out like stacks used to. So you can stockpile 100 gauge and then walk around with it, and the next mob you see can instantly get three cleaves right to the face if you fold in infuriate.

Bad news for warriors: you know that extremely distracting Super Saiyan aura you generate when you picked up stacks previously? Yeah, you're basically going to be running around in that, all the time. All. The. Time.

Distracting? I think you mean AWESOME

Choyi posted:

Fancy hats?

That's not exclusive to RDM tho, Bards are still in the fancy hat brigade

SonicRulez posted:

We won't get stuff like Bartz minion and the PS4 wallpaper until the official release, right?

I got my wallpaper a couple days ago

Mordiceius posted:

According to a Kotaku interview, YoshiP said Blitzball will come eventually but they can't decide if they want to make it a sport game or a team management game.

Edit: holy gently caress this new avatar is amazing. :swoon:

Why not both

Saucer Crab posted:

Mods please change this thread title to "idiot game for idiot people, but like a beta" too, thanks.

Easier to just call it Star Citizen

Fat_Cow posted:

i've been using this autohotkey script for over 6 hours on my desktop, no luck. Jesus Christ Square.

I've been doing this thing that hasn't worked so I DID IT HARDER and it still didn't work wtf

TheHeadSage posted:

I keep forgetting I have AOE thunder now at lower levels, but when I do remember, man does poo poo die even faster.

I forgot about this, does this mean BLM is still best for AOE damage? I know BRD overtook it for a while

victrix posted:

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keyboard-accessories/cherry-mx-rubber-o-ring-switch-dampeners-125pcs.html

(ignore the pricing there, just the product)

The different mech keys have different sound profiles, I have a keyboard at work with zero resistance (no 'click') keys that have O rings and my office mate doesn't want to kill me (so far anyway).

Some years back I had a lovely laptop that had the most amazing micro-switch keys I've ever used in my life. I would absolutely love a full size keyboard with low profile keys that had those switches, it was so comfortable to use. The craptacular apple keyboard does not count.

Asus ROG laptop keyboards are the poo poo

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i mean, paladin could do literally everything in HW, but by and large people really didn't bring them in progression content. can you explain why that is? spoilers: it's because ease of completion is a much more useful balancing metric than just ability of completion. i don't doubt that all of the tank jobs *can* clear all of the content, but if paladin can clear it x times easier than the other tanks, why bring the other tanks? i don't doubt a static of like seven other people you know would be fine with you playing warrior, or whatever, but if you don't think there will be a noticeable difference come raid-time when one of the tank classes does 25 percent more damage, survives way better than the others, is barely reliant on burst windows to do their top dps, and can mitigate ridiculous damage for the rest of the raid, you've got your head buried in the sand.

I don't think WAR is going to be hard to find a spot for given the slashing damage debuff. With all 3 tank classes, plus Sam and nin doing slashing, you've got pretty good odds of being able to provide a 10% damage buff pretty consistently to several other players, which should be worth more than having output that high on your own. DRK on the other hand could be left out in the cold.

Thundarr posted:

So they didn't fully math out how their system works and as a consequence the ideal rotation is to deliberately do things the "wrong" way? Or would this have otherwise negative consequences on your dps output? I haven't redmaged yet so I'm not sure if don't this screws you in some other way.

It seems like this would get you to your melee combo faster and thus potentially be a DPS gain?

Blockhouse posted:

same with sen and kenki for SAM which while not quite as bad is still pretty annoying

And whatever my new bar is called for WAR, grrr

Lemon-Lime posted:

smdh if you don't get a boner every time some giant elder evil rear end in a top hat does their ultimate attack and you shrug through it.

Also when raid-wide AoE happens and you see all the squishies drop to 25% HP and you barely lose a tenth of your hitpoints and go "huh, was that supposed to hit hard?"

:fap:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

amazeballs posted:

I also have hats turned off on my character.

Why would you turn off 90% of the fun

Wangsbig posted:

they are not wrong

WAR has the slashing damage debuff, how does that not make up for the difference?

Velthice posted:

From what I hear, war is now the class that has to work harder to do the same damage as drk and not as much as pld. It also has the least amount of utility now that path has been changed and slashing isn't nearly as valuable anymore since the dps classes that want it now just apply it through their normal rotations,

Oh, other classes have slashing debuff now? That sucks :(

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Harrow posted:

FFXIV is a Final Fantasy fanservice festival, really. As far as I'm aware they didn't go to that well too often in FFXI, but I really enjoy it in XIV.

Every FFIX fan must have cracked up when they saw Ozma.

Except that he was easy rather than a shitwrecker

Aphrodite posted:

But they still won't give us Doomtrain.

Phantom train was in one of the very first l50 msq missions.

hobbesmaster posted:

It should work for party members, then I could finally get the datacron sightseeing log entry on the top of the Kugane tower.

Isnt there that BLM skill that allows you to teleport? I thought that one works out of battle

Zaphod42 posted:

Yes please! It'll also get you some items to help you level up a bit faster.

Can you PM me your email address?

I think there's still a thread for posting recruiting codes in PGS, just FYI for both of you

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Mystic Cave zOWNd posted:

Looks like people are having issues with a certain trial.

Man I need to get to end of msq so I can see this thing

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Harrow posted:

I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe removing the fun from two of the tank jobs (and one of the healer jobs) in the same expansion that introduces highly-anticipated and really fun DPS jobs might not have been the best idea.

I do wonder if the DPS queue situation is actually going to level itself out or not, because going by reactions to tank and Scholar changes, there are plenty of "tank and healer players" who're going to be much happier with a new home a DPS.

As a reformed former DPS player I still find playing WAR satisfying, if modestly easier from a "which button do I press now" perspective than it used to be. That said everyone saying how good BLM feels are making me want to level it up again

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Thundarr posted:

This is anecdotal, but in the last week I have run into a unusually high number of healers who are struggling to heal, even the ones who make no attempt to dps. I don't know if I'm just having bad luck with getting mediocre healers or if something else is going on.

Fwiw I have noticed my health ping ponging around much more than it did in late HW stuff. I think it's a combo of trash hitting a lot harder, relatively, tank mitigation (aside from maybe pld) getting needed AND healer output getting nerfed. It's frankly less of a problem in trials / raids because you have to deal with mechanics and periodic tank busters rather than high sustained DPS from a blob.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

No see we were finally gonna have Man and Dragon Peace but then a pair of eyes got really mad and turned into a big angry dragon that was like gently caress PEOPLE GONNA GO TEAR UP ISHGARD.

Then it died and we continued as normal.came back as a different huge loving dragon that you will again fight for all of an expansion

SettingSun posted:

Basically if people aren't dead, the healer is doing their job fine. With the changes to Cleric Stance healers have even fewer excuses to not DPS.

Sitting at 10% of my max health when I'm not sure when the next tankbuster is going to land does make me a wee bit nervous. The amount of nervous depends on how consistently the healer has been at catching the big hits.

Unless I know the healer fairly well this forces me to use my cooldowns more aggressively than I might otherwise do.

:barf:

Skanker posted:

I'm not gonna jerk off and say I'm a good healer but I've raided and I know AST in and out. Something is wrong and I know it. I just can't speed run a warrior going ham anymore and it is deeply upsetting.

WAR feels so squishy now that I feel like I have to mark priority targets in trash pulls like I haven't really needed since sub l50

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah, that's pretty hilarious.

The ideal solution to the missing Flash problem would be to give Overpower the area and animation of Devastation and then remove Inner Beast and the current Devastation entirely, and then just give Steel Cyclone and Fell Cleave different effects depending on stance, just like Equilibrium has different effects depending on stance.

This would also mean you have your Deliverance finishers from 52 onwards instead of getting them parcelled out over 52-60, so it'll never happen.

I'd rather they turn the aoe provoke role action into flash, or just give war some thematically appropriate job action that does the same thing

Call it angry shout or something

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

reading on reddit rn that fell cleave out of berserk is a dps loss, lmao

Unless you are not within 80% ish of full health I think this is prob true

Infinity Gaia posted:

The Melee DPS "I do not want aggro anymore" button is competing with too many important skills for me. Although for non-MNK you probably don't care about Perfect North so they should have enough room for it.

(Before anyone asks, Second Wind, Invigorate, Goad, True North and Leg Sweep. I guess I COULD replace Leg Sweep, I don't use it that often, but eh)

Also it's not even "I do not want aggro anymore", it's more like "I wish to get less aggro for this specific 15 second window of time" which helps not at all for the other 105 seconds.

It might work real good for that window where you can use EM

:eng101:

Brother Entropy posted:

papercuts don't need to be healed and it's not just a binary of 'has tank lost aggro', the more aggro you generate the more your tank potentially has to focus on being in their aggro generating stance and less in their dps stance

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Right but that's stupid for the reasons outlined above

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i kind of thought that there'd be more mechanics to stun or silence because, you know, that's like half of our role skills on tank, but you know i guess not

It pisses me off that they make it something you can use and then bosses have a wind-up cleave move that would seem an obvious stun opportunity and they've made all bosses immune to pretty much everything

pissdude posted:

It's honestly kind of hosed up how rewarding PVP is. I've pretty much stopped doing all of my regular roulettes (except Frontlines roulette) at 70 because you can just queue for Shatter and get 50 verities win or lose. I've almost completely geared up my 70 SCH in verity gear within a day or so just spamming PVP, and plan on tackling the EX Primals by tonight. It kind of takes the piss out of the job quest gear you get and the dungeon upgrades etc, the upgrade path is just so easy and spammably short it's strange

Job quest gear? I did the 70 war quest and got the job action but unless I missed something didn't get gear.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Final Trial mechanic question.

How does his Akh Morn attack work?

You definitely don't stack it like the rest of the time. It looks like it targets a tank and tethers a single person to them. Do they stack it? Do they both take damage?

Both tanks should stack to split the damage

I usually put a marker on the other tank so I can find them with all the other effects going off

Remember there are several hits so don't move away until the last one is done.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Harrow posted:

It's more that I'm trying to finish the 3.x stuff so I can finally start Stormblood and I don't really want to spend a few hours queuing for 50/60 dungeons to finish the quests. I only really wanted to unlock them for when I do the 50/60 roulette. Guess I'll just pause the MSQ for a while and do them so the quests stop bugging me.

Dungeons are some of the best things in the game and it's worth your time to do them

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Vadoc posted:

Depending on whether you want the xp for completing them or not to help with leveling, you could grab some people on Discord and do them all unsynched to complete them in less than 5 minutes.

Can you do them unsynched for your first run?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Like I just said, ex primals aren't in the trials roulette, right? I just figured. Also haven't seen one pop but I haven't done but two of the 50/60 roulettes so far since the queues are so long for dps.

And past roulettes required you to do everything to unlock them first, right? Maybe I'm crazy but I thought I remembered having to do all kinds of stuff to be able to do them first. I figured I had everything since I could already do it, although now that I think about it there's 59-60 dungeons I haven't done yet since I'm still 58 so the 50/60 wouldn't be available if it really worked that way.

But good to know.

Ex primals are fun tho and you can smash most of the old ones pretty good with an unsynced party

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

nuru posted:

Fist seems like a slog but perhaps our dps was bad.

The one I did was fine, I was able to do some decent sized multi pulls with my 290ish gear without major issue too

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

nuru posted:

Remind me to avoid Trail roulette for a while.

Whatever do you mean :v:

:bang:

hobbesmaster posted:

Or remove enough equipment that you're below i280.

This is a great idea :)

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

I like seeing how many people do or don't get the second bosses' gimmick.

Depends how many people have sailed before, perhaps

vOv posted:

It definitely feels like I'm getting hosed out of caster gear but I don't know if that's just RNG or not.

I have picked up caster gear while playing my tank, so

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This final trial queue is the longest queue for content I've had by far.

it doesn't inspire confidence.

That's because people queueing trial roulette are actively under hearing so they don't get dumped in that. It's not that it's super hard but it relies on somewhat competent and sustained healing and or people not standing in poo poo and or people being patient enough for newbies to learn, all of which can be hit or miss

SettingSun posted:

Yeah I agree. Giving the things that used to give stacks (vengeance, berserk, etc.) give gauge again would be a good start. I can't tell whether SE wants WAR to stance dance or not. The level 70 skill strongly points to yes. I hate stance dancing, though, personally.

I mean f you were in defiance and wanted to blow your stack you could switch, release, and get 4x cleaves out. It's not as good as building the full gauge in deliverance but it means you get lots of DPS out while still being relatively tough

ImpAtom posted:

Even the classes thing doesn't make any sense to me. It's a 'patch' on a problem but we already have skill-altering traits. Just have Bane Mastery or something.

I know they don't really want to go this way but I'd love if they added another job to all the classes as an expansion. MRD gets Berserker in addition to WAR, GLD gets Knight, THM gets Time Mage or something, and so on

Ferrinus posted:

You're not wrong, since a full-length T4 is a total of 230 potency per target compared to F2's 144.

The only balance change I want them to make to Black Mage is to hitch Fire 2 back up to 100 potency, or at least 90 or something, so that "Fire 2 until your last Heart, then Flare" is always the best AoE rotation as well as the most intuitively obvious AoE rotation.

T4 is good tho and I like that it adds a bit of a dynamic "should I refresh this" to the aoe rotation which otherwise is pretty static

Fister Roboto posted:

Presumably from converting spiritbonded gear as well. Protip: dungeon gear can be converted now.

Old dungeon gear or just the new stuff?

Fridurmus posted:

What in the world is all this I'm hearing about people using old i270 slaying accessories while tanking current content? Did SE gently caress something up and I didn't notice, or is this an overreaction to the change that reverted tank damage stats?

The bosses don't hit hard enough to require a vit right side so using old strength accessories with vit melded gives you more DPS and thus quicker clears, also makes it easier to hold threat

Kalenn Istarion fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jun 27, 2017

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Harrow posted:

I think they've locked themselves out from this by adding five jobs that don't have an associated class. If they were to go back and start adding a second job to every class that doesn't already have one, I think people who main DRK, MCH, AST, RDM, or SAM might feel cheated because they don't get to level two jobs at a time.

It's probably more likely that they'll ditch classes whenever they do the inevitable Cataclysm-style (but hopefully better) rework of core Eorzea, though I hope they don't kill off some of the great 1-30 class quest lines in the process. If Pugilist's quest line went away I'd be really sad, for example, and the Thaumaturge one has some great moments, too.

Well for the ones where the class is essentially the job you'd just roll it in together

Or do you mean lose them if they blew up the world

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Actually I really liked BLM in ARR so this sounds all good to me. I haven't tried SB BLM yet either but from what i've seen it looks really good.

Yeah I preferred ARR BLM to HW, keeping enochian up was an immense pain in the dick

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The max ilevel for this expansion is 315 right? At least until patches?

Ex primals drop 320

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

nuru posted:

Not really relevant, he's correct that 315 is the max because there's no 320 left side armor.

It is relevant because I thought he meant the single item cap not the average ilvl cap

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Geomancer healer would literally just be Conjurer though. :colbert:

Geomancer would be dps

Chemist would be a neat healer, mix for their capstone aoe DPS like Holy / Gravity

SKULL.GIF posted:

Seriously. Just straight up lift the FF5 Mix system for their big mechanic. It'd be like Ninja Mudras, mix together two components (out of probably four or five?) to get a specific potion effect.

After three magical healers it'd be nice to have a Machinist-style "mundane" healer.

Could get different effects from heal bombs like heal team and poison enemies with one mix or apply a debuff with a different one or sth

SettingSun posted:

Actually that gives me an idea for a true caster tank: Time Mage. Instead of the support focus of FF5, it focuses on a damage smearing time shield. It would work a little like stagger, where any damage they take would be converted into a DoT which they can manage in some form of another. Their attack skills can include Comet and that acceleration bomb that Ozma had. Their class gauge could be "Inertia" which increases as their time shield smears damage.

I want to play this job

Ferrinus posted:

What we need is a Calculator class who has a regular old numerical resource bar that goes 1-100, but instead of your moves having normal costs they all perform different operations on the bar - some add or subtract, some multiply or divide, some square or square root, etcetera. And your most powerful moves can only be executed under specific conditions like your resource is a perfect square or a prime number or a multiple of seven.

This would be fun but most people are too stupid to deal with this

Bleu posted:

Meme races are all banished to TPT.

What is the fastest meme?

Pikavangelist posted:

This is a sensitive topic for me and many other players in this game so let's please try to be civil. I'm asking the player base, most of it, to please stop hanging out in Kugane and flooding the shout chat with memes and harassment. Kugane represents a rich culture that is important to some of us and it should be respected. It is an end game hub designed for people like me, people who identify as otaku who have a deep appreciation for Japan, and want to honor it in game.

Please go take your toxicity to Rhalgr's Reach and leave us alone. Kugane is what we've always wanted - a true place for anime and manga fans to live our dream. Its a safe haven for real fans of Japanese culture and art. Not a place to spam donald trump memes and talk about sex.

Please respect Kugane and just leave it. Do not take this from us. Do not ruin the beauty and majesty, and history that Yoshida-san has given us. It is deeply upsetting to me, and many other true fans of Japanese art, architecture, and history. Thank you.

This must be an epic thread

Injuryprone posted:

Do Elezen males just not exist?

Cythereal posted:

I've been noticing as a fresh player to the game and going through LL and its class stories a lot, LL is clearly set up for major internal conflicts. Limsa Lominsa started the war with the kobolds because some ex-pirates decided they wanted the land ceded to the kobolds in a peace treaty. Large numbers of pirates pay lip service to LL's neutrality and the Code while continuing to do whatever the gently caress the want. Merlwyb's control over Limsa Lominsa is so shaky she's sanctioned a professional order of assassins to help her stay in control. Not even Ul'dah has gone that far. Most of Limsa Lominsa is a drunken trainwreck of a civilization that Merlwyb is just barely managing to keep on the rails.

I wish LL got more screen time, because the city did a lot to sell me on FF14. Gridania is a boring standard fantasy realm and Ul'dah is too Game of Thrones-y for my taste, but Limsa Lominsa is bright, colorful, has great music, has by far the most racial diversity in NPCs particularly those in positions of leadership, and I love the idea of a ramshackle pirate town trying to settle down and become a real nation.

There being a civil war in Limsa between the pirate factions would be cool

Vermain posted:

I mean, Gridania's major internal conflict is the fact that it's run by a loving cult that reports directly to inscrutable, Lovecraftian entities who might decide on one hand to reassemble someone from the lifestream, and, on the other hand, decide that a refugee with an easily treatable condition should be allowed to suffer an agonizingly brutal death.

Wait what, I must really have missed something in Gridania

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

back to lowercase letters: you know, the one point of commonality among all the failed pf groups you've been in is...

bad pubbies

Thundarr posted:

L2 + R2 + R3 isn't bad at all but is is more complicated than just clicking.

Samurai is a melee dps and a relatively simple one for the number of buttons you need to worry about, so it is probably one of the best fits for a controller.

Just use thumb pad mouse to click

That said the buttons aren't at all bad, esp if you're already used to l2+r2 from the backup crossbar

Shy posted:

Those Mateus lunatics made a church :aaa:

That's actually impressive.

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

Does anyone on Excalibur want to do Susano Ex some time today or tomorrow? I haven't had very successful experiences with trying to clear in Party Finder so far. In game name is Ross Perot

It wouldn't be as frustrating if it was just someone misaligning the stormclouds occasionally, but instead it's things like repeatedly dying to churn, or failing the DPS check on the sword.

Look up Wreck-it raiding on catgirl bargains

FrostyJones posted:

Post your ladies, laddies.

That might be my favourite femroe glam

Not enough to make me consider trading in old man elf, but pretty good.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Brainamp posted:

Glamours!

Pretty sure that's a highlady.

Weird, although I was looking on my phone so proportions might have been off

Augus posted:

yeah, Roes don't even get that hairstyle pretty sure

Idk how I would know that

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Can you meld str to the verity or Lakshmi gear for tanks? I'm using my Poe for alt classes and don't want to get the str right side right now

E: or is direct hit better than str?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Sarrisan posted:

You can meld str on fending gear, yes, and it is miles better than direct hit (direct hit is also worse than det or crit).

You don't have to worry about this much for leveling purposes.

I will be raiding, I'm just rusty on what stats are good

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

str is good and direct hit is good.

Ok, I had seen tenacity mentioned too since it benefits both output and mitigation but I haven't found myself to be under-geared for tank busters so far.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Related, are there generally accepted stat weights for direct hit and tenacity yet? Ariyala doesn't have numbers yet so the BiS calculation isn't a valid solution

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

I sometimes wish that there were open PVP zones where you could go farm for high end resources with a suitably equipped party but could also get wrecked if you weren't careful

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Obligatum VII posted:

Unfortunately there's no central repository of class guides. There's a google doc that I know of but that was for pre-SB BLM.

However, you're somewhat in luck, aside from AoE rotations, BLM gameplay is rather intuitive and straightforward, with the problem being that it will completely change at 60 Vs 50.

At 50 you fish for firestarter and thundercloud procs. Keep lightning DoT up and hammer out F1s with an F3 whenever you get a proc and B3 whenever you run out of MP (generally you should try to refresh thunder in umbral to give yourself some time to regen). You also F3 at the start to get immediately into Astral Fire 3. For AoE, you use F2 until you have just enough mana for a Flare, then you use that (ideally with swiftcast) and from that point you transpose, wait until you get an MP tick, and then delay maybe half a second more depending on your spell speed before casting F3 followed by 2 F2s and a Flare again. If you have convert or an x-ether up, you can tack on additional flares before transposing. Although come to think of it, now that Thunder 2 is AoE, you probably want to fit that in after the transpose before F3ing back to Flare. If you do that, you don't have to delay regardless of cast speed.

At 60, it's all about F4. At this point the name of the game is using F4s with a minimal number of F1s to keep up astral fire (and you can sub in F3 if you get lucky and get a proc or use sharpcast). Once you're out of MP, B3, same thing as 50 applies with trying to line up thunder refreshes in umbral (you should also try to avoid clipping the DoT as much as possible, although letting a thundercloud proc drop is wasteful, because as long as it gets at least a few DoT ticks, it beats F4 for potency and as of SB will no longer mess up your rotation timing). Cast B4 once to give yourself umbral hearts and then back to astral via F3. Thanks to the umbral hearts, your time in astral fire will be greatly extended, but what you do there doesn't change at all. I have no idea if it is better to start fights in umbral and do a B4 cast before starting into your first astral phase or not. Thankfully, your single target rotation does not change again at 70, it just provides a bunch of utility and now you also slip in a Foul cast whenever you have it up (although I prefer to save it for umbral phases where possible).

However, your AoE rotation DOES change at 68, because now umbral hearts applied to flare. Using flare will consume any remaining umbral hearts (effect is the same with 1 Vs 3) and now will only consume 2/3 of your MP. This allows you to flare twice before transposing if you have umbral hearts. Thus your rotation becomes B3, B4, F3, maybe an F2 or two, then two Flares, transpose, B4 for umbral hearts (same caveats with slipping in Foul applies here as with single target rotation and you still want to maintain thunder 4). Same stuff with convert still applies as with the 50 AoE rotation, though now you'll need max-ethers.

That's my general gist, but I'm sure I got stuff wrong or explained it poorly or forgot something.

Edit: I should've included this initially, here's the link to the google doc. Looks like it will be updated eventually but is not yet updated: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iws0GeBJv2fJLJOJX4TyywPy6f0x_eR5uHMC8EiyGLI/preview

You don't F2 in BLM aoe rotation ever after 50

Failboattootoot posted:

There's no functional difference tbh. Says me as I sit here glowering at shitass potd.

I actually prefer tearing around killing FATEs while waiting for my dungeon queue to pop over spamming potd or pvp

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Quoting this for future reference :hai:

It's not right tho

Renegret posted:

Triple casting flares is the funniest loving thing in this game. It's less funny when I forget to pop diversion beforehand but it's worth it.

Question regarding the new BLM rotation at 70. I'm doing:

bliz 4 > fire 3 > fire2 x2 > flare > t4> flare > transpose > bliz 4 > repeat (fouls where appropriate obviously)

I'm hearing some people say it's best to skip the 2xfire2s and just flare more. Has anyone actually parsed it out? The damage from the flares is huge but I feel like there's just too much downtime between flares.

Yes, F2 is bad and you should never use it

Ferrinus posted:

I have, and on four or five enemies, your potency/second is marginally higher if you skip the F2s, while on six+enemies a pair of F2s mildly wins out.

IMO they need to slightly up F2's potency so that the intuitive AoE rotation is always the correct one but we're in pretty good shape either way.

P sure it's more like 20 enemies for F2 to be worth it

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Whats the 60-68 AOE roation look like?

It feels bad not being able to do the one thing your role is supposed to do?

I have been doing F3 -> Flare -> Transpose -> B4 (with enochian up) > T4 > F3 > Flare > Transpose, which I am pretty sure is optimal with enochian up as it gives your transpose time to regen and keeps the T4 ticks going.

Insert more flares before transpose as you have convert, ether and or the trait available. Use any procced T4s. If you will have more than one flare you can drop the T4 out if it doesn't need a refresh and hasn't procced. You should Swiftcast the flare immediately before transpose when you have it up so that you can transpose earlier in the GCD.

E: the B4 only matters if you have the trait that allows double flare with hearts, otherwise you can probably skip it

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

I think that the biggest thing that scares people away from tanking is thinking that even the slightest failure will result in a wipe. Knowing that your role isn't quite that critical, and that you can screw up sometimes and still recover, helps a lot in alleviating that fear.

The only time I feel like I really don't have margin for error is when raiding with healers I don't know because neither of us has enough trust of the other to know where our blind spots are.

Aphrodite posted:

People who like the new PvP should be shot 3 times and it should only require 1 button.

I personally prefer guns that require increasingly complicated motions to fire sequential and otherwise undifferentiated shots

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Ularg posted:

How hosed am I trying to get into Excalibur. I'm an American wanting to play with goons yet it seems it doesn't matter what time I try to create this character.

It's probably going to be pretty tough with the new raid coming out today plus holiday. You can try again in a few days or make a char on another server and pay the transfer fee

Ferrinus posted:

On six targets, a rotation including F2 does 5760 potency/20.5 seconds = 281pps compared to the Flare-only rotation's 4032 potency/14.5 seconds = 278pps, although to be fair this does ignore Thunder and assume a 2.5s GCD.

Right so that's why I said I have been doing a rotation that includes thunder

And not F2

Unless you're in futureland and have a GCD below 2s you only need one bridging ability for the 12s transpose cooldown and thunder is better than fire. I'm on my phone so can't check numbers but pretty sure that's true even if you're clipping thunder at 12s

F2 is bad

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Obligatum VII posted:

It totally does.

And I hope Omega works out this whole "heroes" thing right at the end when we inevitably fight it and applies it to itself and suddenly starts pulling out straight up limit breaks and stuff.

And then Omega becomes a scion by reviving Minfilia from Hydalyn's aether because we need more of everyone's favourite

nuru posted:

The odds of O4 Savage having an extra phase/form that O4N lacks is probably 90 percent.

Don't they explicitly write the fights for savage and then destine them by removing stuff for normal?

Ferrinus posted:

With a 2.5 GCD you don't need a bridge at all, since B4 F3 Flare Flare is 14.5 seconds already. If we add 210*6 = 1260 potency and 3s for Thunder 4, we've got a F2-less rotation that lasts 17.5 seconds (just long enough to refresh it, more or less) and deals 302.4 pps.

Meanwhile, if we just replace a single F2 with a T4 in the long rotation, we get... 300.3 pps, which I guess means that a single F2 is worth it on 7 enemies and beyond..? I think you're right in principle.

Right, the bridge specifically was for 2.0 GCD but I forgot the double flare eats one, my brain is still stuck on single flare

Zaphod42 posted:

Anybody think its weird one of the new bosses names was "Alte Roight" ?? Probably just a silly coincedence since it sounds like it comes from another language.

But I can't help but think, our army of catgirlrs and potatoes will triumph over the alt right :911:

I thought this too and while someone is making the joke it's probably the people who made ffv where that guy first showed up

Fridurmus posted:

I'm interested in picking up Bard after spending all of ARR, HW, and now SB on tanks (DRK and PLD both at 70 feels nice). What's a good basic rundown I can read for when I start reaching the parts where it matters?

e: ^^^ why isn't it a tank?

Can't have a tank bouncing around, they need to be in a predictable spot

Cythereal posted:

With diving now in the game, I'm looking forward to the FFX tier or expansion.

I'm in for blitzball

Minrad posted:

We may still get an FF7 dungeon. There's an Imperial ship (submarine?) labeled on the southeast of the Yanxia map, and going to scavenge a scuttled Garlean submarine full of more of their experiments would be an awesome way to have a tribute to the Gelnika.

I mean a dungeon in the current expansion has several ff7 references from garlemald so

kirbysuperstar posted:

Hoary Boulder: It's all because of that &$*! pizza!

You know the main city of Garlemald is going to be Midgar right

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

nuru posted:

What you're describing would fit exactly what they've done with Brute Justice and what I'm proposing for O4S. Also, stop quoting ten people in your posts :catstare:

N

nuru posted:

What you're describing would fit exactly what they've done with Brute Justice and what I'm proposing for O4S. Also, stop quoting ten people in your posts :catstare:

O

Truga posted:

if you can figure out a system where people will still run more than once per week, but isn't also worse in every single way, I'd love to hear it.

The EX primal token system. You get a drop or you collect enough tokens to get what you want.

Mordiceius posted:

A real odd strat because you should roll on your preferred item last.

I got the thing I wanted in one shot of each omega thing by doing this, even though I only rolled about 50 on my last item. Feet and gloves in one week :toot:

Saint Freak posted:

Look on the bright side: once people get their drop they stop playing for the week, so you will always be rolling against 7 other people who also haven't gotten their drop yet and your odds will never increase.

Wait

Except for 3 and 4 where some progression raiders still are only taking the items for chest and legs, leaving easy rolls on other stuff, even though you will get enough of whatever the new currency is in 2 weeks to get chest.

Here is my super pro elite gearing strat:
Week 1: feet, feet, hands, hands | Lakshmi and Susan as possible for weap and RS
Week 2: waist, head, legs, legs | Lakshmi and Susan
Week 3: any missing acc slot, head, legs, legs | cap tomes
Week 4: missing acc, missing acc, whatever, doesn't matter | cap tomes, buy chest
Week 5: tomes
Week 6: tomes
Week 7: tomes, buy new tome weapon with the 7 gears unless I've been lucky and got a drop

Means I don't have to smash my face on a wall to get specific drops and I'm still fully geared in 4 weeks

But people farm v3 and v4 over and over and over because someone made a table that forgets that tomes exist but shows that if you get your specific doodad you can gear in 4 weeks

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Bleu posted:

The Deltascape sets are almost painfully ugly. I have no glamour game and I don't care about glamour, and even I think they look terrible.

Yeah I don't generally care much for glamours but I immediately put my verity set overtop of the omega stuff because ugh

Zaphod42 posted:

lmao this owns

I ran through all the primals with goons and we didn't get a single pony drop. Then I punched them a few times with my friend, just 2 of us, and we got 2 of them to drop :)

I got bubble bird to drop on my first time ever doing Bismarck, other Goins in the party I was in had run it 30+ times and never won :v:

Vitamean posted:

I don't think you need to do them all at once, or even as a full group - even rolling in as a stack of six means you have a much higher chance of getting what you want than going in by yourself.

Like it doesn't even have to be a set, static time. It's just weird to me that there's such a large pool of people on excal allegedly willing to help yet I see people in this thread complaining about solo queuing multiple times and coming out empty handed.

We had 4 and then three of us for omega last night and one shot each round, with one of them being finishing the last 30% of Catastrophe with only a PLD MT and me (WAR) and 2 DPS after both our healers and other 2 DPS ate poo poo

Philonius posted:

My dream is still to find a group of people to raid once a week for at most 2 hours with. I can justify blocking that off in my schedule. Unfortunately most people who are actually competent at the game tend to want to raid more than that, and people who want the same laidback schedule can be hard to get to show up consistently.

What TZ are you in, our group can probably use subs

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Eureka is going to be incredibly good. Here's my evidence: Stormblood dungeons are great -> they're making one less dungeon on the patch that Eurkea will come out -> that missing dungeon energy will be transferred to Eureka via the law of energy transference -> Eureka is good.

This is also why Blitzball is going to be sick.

What is Eureka

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Open world pvp sucks and has never been good in modern (post 2005) MMOs.

You are wrong

EVE is good

Gearhead posted:

The core tenants of what the Garleans are doing are not incorrect.

The Empire is operating from the technically correct perspective that faith in a higher power can be unwittingly weaponized to carve a piece of the planet's soul off to create a new god at the expense of the world itself. Sealing these false gods away prevents them from being resummoned at further harm to the world and demoralizes target societies, undermining their faith.

Their ruling elite just happen to have a huge persecution complex from being the only humanoid beings in the world unable to use magic and have stories of being driven to the frozen wastes by magic users, which promotes a view that everyone else is out to get them.

Nero nearly turning into a pillar of salt in the World of Darkness brings another problem to light: The faith that Garleans have in science is hollow, it does not help to insulate them from the horrors that exist outside the circles of the world where science breaks down and magic takes over. Zenos' nihilism may be also related to this, because as a person who feels no connection to magic, realizing that all you are is a bundle of aetheric energy that thinks it is human, piloting a sack of meat around, has to be one of the most demoralizing things imaginable. He can quite possibly SEE that tangle of power that thinks it's alive in other people. He can see it fade away. And he knows, one day, he too will be washed away...

Tenets

Tenants are people that rent from you

SwissArmyDruid posted:

In phase 2, Stormsplitter is a tankbuster that requires (in my experience so far) at minimum two cooldowns. (usually one of Rampart, Raw Intuition, Thrill, or Vengeance, plus Inner Beast) Anything less risks having to pick up the dry cleaning bill for turning into a fine red mist and getting all over everyones' clothes. Then, as everyone has said, tank swaps, and life goes on.

In phase 1, though, Susan does an unnamed tankbuster that's just a bitchslap of a backhand that will clip off 50% or more of your HP if left unmitigated. Ironically, this is the one that's more likely to make tanks pop, because it's not telegraphed, it's just thrown in between mechanics, between two autos. Like a Mountain Buster, but without the left hook to let you know that it's coming. It does come in regular intervals, however, so a tank should rely on Incoming Damage Senses to pop a cooldown accordingly. Or you could be a nerd and pin down his exact rotation, but Phase 1 is usually short enough that I found you can just roll mitigation through the entire thing and have Rampart off CD again for when you have to go pop bubbles.

I never found his phase one buster to be a problem but maybe I was rolling with good healers

His phase 2 buster can be tricky if tanks don't know to provoke before the cast finishes

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Ha, you wish pubbies would do that kind of poo poo. That's why I recommend double-stacking mitigation there. I also pack Reprisal, but I save that for Ukehi.

It doesn't do enough that you need to go crazy with mitigation. One is enough, although if a healer is a bit slow I use a thrill of battle to make sure that auto doesn't pop me

Lemon King posted:

After a few months of grinding, I finally have the Archon Throne.

Guess who lost a fight with the tie die street vendor

panda clue posted:

what in the world

Yeah what kind of maniac DFs an EX primal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Also, how do I macro so I always shirk to the tank other tank? I have my party list set up so the other tank is always in slot 2 if that helps.