Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

HerraS posted:

the wider public doesnt know who the gently caress adam cole is lmao

Pylons posted:

I am losing my poo poo at this

RealFoxy posted:

I have no sympathy for Hunter but I wonder what it's like to work your whole life to be the successor of the biggest wrestling company in the world, lose to a billionaire EWR booker, then have everything immediately taken away from you. This is some real Game of Thrones poo poo, all we're missing is Stephanie divorcing him and taking the kids while Hunter tries to rebuild the NWA with fellow loser Billy Corgan.

Karma Tornado posted:

1glitch0 posted:

Drakkel posted:

Also: It isn't even the second version of NXT!!!!!

Fourth? Fifth?
the minor fall, the major lift, the king of kings asks if he's going over

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1450213965070360576

The Needle Mover couldn't beat out The Bunny in his segment, truly hate to see it

Hedgehog Pie posted:

It's called AEW. Some of the best loving wrestlers on the planet are in that company, craving action. You want to watch wrestling? AEW's got you covered. You want to see a dude wrestling a dinosaur? AEW.

Lamuella posted:

"I'm off to represent the entire Nightmare Family at the buffet."

MorningMoon posted:

I thought of how to make it look a lot nicer but I'm scared of it getting announced while I'm in the middle of editing

projecthalaxy posted:

lol that they think they will be allowed to leave

JUNGLE BOY posted:

"everything is business as usual and there will be no further changes. we're as strong a family as ever. so strong that the AEW roster is resigning by the hundreds to come and join our family."

Duke Pukem posted:

The Virgin Stone Cold vs the Chad Frost

That DICK! posted:

another pathetic hit attempt by AEW via their connections with Robocop

That DICK! posted:

and now in front of the MILLIONS and MILLIONS of THE ROCKS FANS

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i'm sorry for making the op edit the op. please un-edit it if you would like to, at all

nah, it's an eyesore and I, like the wwf, have no artistic vision.

MotU posted:

i made him and im not sorry. deal w/ it i have a headache from it lmao

and yeah, fair.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MotU posted:

thumbnail is fine doesnt bother like the full screen and idk why that is??? eyes are weird

It's like color theory and lighting poo poo, the small version (which people can click to hurt themselves) doesn't dominate the screen space so your eyes don't get hosed around by it as much.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

imagine falling for something that kota ibushi didn't

Imagine telling Zack Sabre Jr and Kota Ibushi you plan on heading to the wwf.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

he's happy hoverboarding in the u.s.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Please do not post Jim Cornette outside of the designated Jim Cornette zones.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I mean, I have to set reasonable expectations or live disappointed.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Johnny Ace is, and always will be, the McMahon family hatchet man.

Alaois posted:

someone please post Samoa-Joe-Poncho.png

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I can't wait for the Iconics to join the Pinnacle.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

"Hey John we need you to terminate some contracts today"

He does loving love it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

Apparently Wesley Blake's wife (Sara Lee from Tough Enough) is pregnant with their third child.

Just the lame levels of spite and hate but repeated until they sound like a new verse.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

before anyone says they don't want the iconic duo in aew because they're Bad Wrestlers, take a look at what AEW has done with other wwe castoffs. they'd be a great fit there.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Memnaelar posted:

Pretty classy how they did Chelsea Green. I mean, even moreso than the rest.

She won the thread title lottery this day.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Vertical Lime posted:

word life

this is basic reganomics

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Already imagining Jessie McKay screaming "Hey ALEX!"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

HidaO-Win posted:

WWE counter programming the first unopposed AEW rating by firing a bunch of people during a pandemic.

lmao.

WWF exists only to make being mod harder.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

may i just say that calling xavier woods 'stuck' and implying his career would be ruined if he left wwe is an extremely wrong copout for him still being there. he could easily build a youtube channel back up and end his first week with at least 200k subscribers and continue to grow quickly from there. he would have tons of engagement as a streamer. Randy Orton has been released by the WWE.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

John Dudebro posted:

the moment gronk went back for another Super Bowl the writing was on the wall for mojo

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

lmao

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

No one is the shock jock side kick the other is the sports talk radio side kick.

Sam Roberts being a name to connect from my youth giving a poo poo about shock jocks in an unironic way to my adulthood giving a poo poo about pro wrestling in an unironic way is one of the weirdest loving through-lines from my perspective.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

a.lo posted:

aww shucks we were just poking fun of Somoa Joe at Wrestlemania

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

flatluigi posted:

they literally renamed the next ppv to Wrestlemania Backlash, it's all just repeating the wrestlemania stuff

So, WWFheads, do you think this is because the only brand that they haven't shot in the loving head at this point is the Wrestling Mania branding and thus that is the only thing they think will drive people to Peacock/check out their shows?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

The people in this thread who actually still watch WWE are a vast minority

Imagine knowing anyone who watches the wwf.

hell yeah.

Weird resignation letter, but I've got to respect and totally believe it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I legit don't know if it is worse for the company to just not fire anyone and say that they did, or to have actually fired someone working a minimum wage job doing office work in florida for the wwf.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Johnny Ace is here to be the hatchet man for the McMahon family, so he might have actually fired someone who did nothing wrong.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

Also didn’t they just bring Lauranitis back and put him senior to Carrano? I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they were looking for any excuse to cut him

Johnny Ace has been due some bloodletting since he's been brought back, yes. Got to bring in his people for the Johnny Ace palace coup second try.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Johnny Ace loves firing people

It is a truth, universally acknowledged.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Evil Badman posted:

OK, OK. I'm sure he'll learn. He's trying to delete this. He is very sorry.

I get it, and I'm sure everyone else does as well. You don't like Meltzer.

talk about it in the podcasts thread.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
gently caress, WWF branded duffel bags would at least look classy and let you influence the talent you just fired into thinking the door is still open for the future if they ever get hot.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

OBSERVE THIS BROTHER

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Please just stop having weird meltdowns and trying to get owns in.

This is the wwf thread. There are enough things to make fun of.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Imagine telling people a year ago that AEW's women's division would be ahead of WWE's

"Oh cool, so either this whole pandemic thing ends up blowing over or AEW puts in the work to build a division from basically square one? Yeah, I can see that."

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

0konner posted:

I thought his promo a couple weeks ago was pure babyface just talking about how he’s ready to take on all comers for his belt. I cannot explain why his wife still demands we fall and pray to him.

It's probably some Qanon thing.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I love every single time there is an opportunity for NXT to have a "all of my friends are just off screen, also watching my show" moment and it goes exactly how I would expect it because NXT still has the heart of the wwf's factory farm.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

there’s a ppv in two days :greenangel:

???

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

coconono posted:

segment by segment ratings for a single data series is not statistically relevant. Its like reading goat entrails to predict the stock markets. Not enough correlating data.

Augury is far more respected than segment by segment ratings analysis.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Did WWF say the quiet part of AEW's booking loud, then?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Why would they make $1 million for that? Like it's a Netflix movie. Everybody has Netflix. If someone is watching WWE they either have Netflix or will never have Netflix. What a stupid investment.

Source your quotes.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Wazzu posted:

There's so many amazing talents that were cursed with 205 live/the cruiserweight division. KENTA, Tozawa, and Adrian Neville spring to mind.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alexander Hamilton posted:

I wonder how often someone is talking into a regular broadcaster's ear during a play. I know they have a guy feeding them stats and poo poo but I highly doubt a director is yelling at Al Michaels during a call, right?

So, you've got the producer in your ear (usually noting how much time you've got for breaks and when to hit your advertising/whatever else needs to be hit by your broadcast) and whoever is running the stats table, who will pull interesting stats and notes for the game as it is happening for the chyron operator and the desk.